PTViewer scripting problem using JRE 6.0 or above

  • davidkammerling
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2007
      Hi

      I hope someone can help me.

      The page below contains PTViewer with 3 panos linked by hotspots. I
      am using Fulvio Senore's ptviewer version 2.8.

      http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/default.htm

      (in this case, for simplicity, I have kept the object code on the
      html page rather than using an external js file, and have only used
      Internet Explorer object code)

      To move between panos, you can either use the hotspots, the dropdown
      box or the buttons. All three panos have a "wait" image.

      I'm having a problem that occurs only when a web visitor has Java
      Runtime 6.0 or higher. Below 6.0 and there is no problem.

      From 6.0 and up, if a web visitor uses the dropdown, or one of the
      buttons, the wait image either completely fails to appear, or worse,
      only a portion of it appears. If they use one of the hotspots there
      doesn't seem to be a problem.

      Whichever navigation method you choose, the new pano is started by
      Javascript using the following code:

      function ChangePano(x)
      {document.getElementById("ptvplayer").newPanoFromList(x);}

      The part of the ptviewer code for what to do when a hotspot is
      clicked looks like:

      u'javascript:ChangePano(1)'

      So, to summarise, even though all 3 navigation methods use the same
      Javascript code, in Java 6.0 and up clicking a hotspot causes no
      problems, but using the dropdown or buttons causes problems with
      the "wait" image. Below 6.0 and all 3 navigation methods cause no
      issues with the "wait" image.

      Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on, or any suggestions of
      any modifications that I could use that will get round this problem?

      Thanks

      Dave
    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2007
        Your page is not using PTViewer at all.

        Fulvio Senore

        davidkammerling ha scritto:
        > Hi
        >
        > I hope someone can help me.
        >
        > The page below contains PTViewer with 3 panos linked by hotspots. I
        > am using Fulvio Senore's ptviewer version 2.8.
        >
        > http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/default.htm
        >
        > (in this case, for simplicity, I have kept the object code on the
        > html page rather than using an external js file, and have only used
        > Internet Explorer object code)
        >
        > To move between panos, you can either use the hotspots, the dropdown
        > box or the buttons. All three panos have a "wait" image.
        >
        > I'm having a problem that occurs only when a web visitor has Java
        > Runtime 6.0 or higher. Below 6.0 and there is no problem.
        >
        > >From 6.0 and up, if a web visitor uses the dropdown, or one of the
        > buttons, the wait image either completely fails to appear, or worse,
        > only a portion of it appears. If they use one of the hotspots there
        > doesn't seem to be a problem.
        >
        > Whichever navigation method you choose, the new pano is started by
        > Javascript using the following code:
        >
        > function ChangePano(x)
        > {document.getElementById("ptvplayer").newPanoFromList(x);}
        >
        > The part of the ptviewer code for what to do when a hotspot is
        > clicked looks like:
        >
        > u'javascript:ChangePano(1)'
        >

        > So, to summarise, even though all 3 navigation methods use the same
        > Javascript code, in Java 6.0 and up clicking a hotspot causes no
        > problems, but using the dropdown or buttons causes problems with
        > the "wait" image. Below 6.0 and all 3 navigation methods cause no
        > issues with the "wait" image.
        >
        > Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on, or any suggestions of
        > any modifications that I could use that will get round this problem?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Dave

      • davidkammerling
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi Fulvio

          Thanks for taking the time to check my post.

          If you are saying that you cannot see a panorama at all, it may be a
          browser issue. To keep the code as simple as possibly, I only
          included the code for Internet Explorer (tested on Windows).

          Here is a version for other browsers that I have tested on Firefox
          and Netscape on Windows...
          http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/test_other.htm

          Sorry, I probably should have included it in my original post.

          Does this help?

          Whichever browser I use, I get the same "wait" image problem.

          Dave

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

          > Your page is not using PTViewer at all.
          >
          > Fulvio Senore
          >
          > davidkammerling ha scritto:
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I hope someone can help me.
          > >
          > > The page below contains PTViewer with 3 panos linked by hotspots.
          > > am using Fulvio Senore's ptviewer version 2.8.
          > >
          > > http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/default.htm
          > >
          > > (in this case, for simplicity, I have kept the object code on the
          > > html page rather than using an external js file, and have only
          used
          > > Internet Explorer object code)
          > >
          > > To move between panos, you can either use the hotspots, the
          dropdown
          > > box or the buttons. All three panos have a "wait" image.
          > >
          > > I'm having a problem that occurs only when a web visitor has Java
          > > Runtime 6.0 or higher. Below 6.0 and there is no problem.
          > >
          > > >From 6.0 and up, if a web visitor uses the dropdown, or one of
          the
          > > buttons, the wait image either completely fails to appear, or
          worse,
          > > only a portion of it appears. If they use one of the hotspots
          there
          > > doesn't seem to be a problem.
          > >
          > > Whichever navigation method you choose, the new pano is started
          by
          > > Javascript using the following code:
          > >
          > > function ChangePano(x)
          > > {document.getElementById("ptvplayer").newPanoFromList(x);}
          > >
          > > The part of the ptviewer code for what to do when a hotspot is
          > > clicked looks like:
          > >
          > > u'javascript:ChangePano(1)'
          > >

          > > So, to summarise, even though all 3 navigation methods use the
          same
          > > Javascript code, in Java 6.0 and up clicking a hotspot causes no
          > > problems, but using the dropdown or buttons causes problems with
          > > the "wait" image. Below 6.0 and all 3 navigation methods cause no
          > > issues with the "wait" image.
          > >
          > > Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on, or any suggestions
          of
          > > any modifications that I could use that will get round this
          problem?

          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Dave

        • Fulvio Senore
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
            No, I looked at the html code and your page was not using ptviewer. Now
            you have changed it, but the html still looks very strange. You can try
            using a more "normal" code, with the <applet> tag.

          • davidkammerling
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
              Hi Fulvio

              Sorry for the confusion. The code looks different as I was trying to
              use XHTML compliant methods of embedding the applet.

              But here is a version using the old style <applet></applet> method...

              http://87.194.33.114/tests/ptvwait/test_applet.htm

              This code still produces the same "wait" image problem.

              Any ideas?

            • Fulvio Senore
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2007
                I tested your page and the wait image worked well using the combo, the
                buttons or the hotspots.
                I can see it completely and I see the progress bar.

                Windows XP, IE7 or Firefox, Java Plug-in 1.6.0_01.