Re: aerial VR : Bordeaux, France

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 25 , May 30, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Marcel Geers" <mpageers@...> wrote:

      > Hi there! I really enjoyed it. Could you explain how you expose your
      > pictures such that the sun came out as it did in such a spherical
      > panorama?

      maybe the picture of Sun was taked after a time or before (or put in
      PP), I saw some trees having both shadow and the Sun on the same side.

      A very good pano, bit more attention on patching of the zenith.

      thanks for sharing,
      Dorin
    • John Armstrong-Millar
      Message 2 of 25 , May 30, 2007
        On 30/5/07 15:16, "3rw1n" <3rw1n@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp in
        > Bordeaux.
        >
        > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/
        >
        > Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome !
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Erwin
        >

        > Great..
        > I love that flare, makes it look like a video feed,also the reflection off the
        > water really sparkles. The ere a few strange bits here and there but otherwise
        > very nice. Like the graphics on your site.
        >
        > Phew.. That¹s enough I think...
        >
        > J.

      • Dave Thomson
        Message 3 of 25 , May 30, 2007
          It's beautiful. How did you stabilize the blimp to get the pano? Do you have some sort of rotating mount and remote control for the camera?
          Dave

          > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp in
          > Bordeaux.
          >
          > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/
          >
          > Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome !
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Erwin
          >

          > Great..
          > I love that flare, makes it look like a video feed,also the reflection off the
          > water really sparkles. The ere a few strange bits here and there but otherwise
          > very nice. Like the graphics on your site.
          >
          > Phew.. That¹s enough I think...
          >
          > J.

        • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
          Message 4 of 25 , May 31, 2007
            > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp
            > in Bordeaux.

            > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/

            Very nice, how did you manage to shoot the zenith? It does not look like
            you shot it from the ground.

            One suggestion: your horizon is not level. Try adjusting the pitch and/or
            roll until it's right.

            Serge.
          • Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 11, 2007
              Check out this Paris 3d view:

              http://v3d.pagesjaunes.fr/paris/

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Carlos Chegado

              Olho de Peixe Lda

              ====================================

              ====================================

            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 11, 2007
                That’s an amazing concept destroyed by a terrible user interface. I imagined
                flying to every cool spot and taking a quick look around.. but no.

                Everything change in viewpoint takes ages.

                Not that it couldn’t be fixed.. plus the data doesn’t update correctly if
                you are actively flying with keys.

                Sacha Griffin
                www.southern-digital.com
                www.seeit360.net
                www.ezphotosafe.com
                404-551-4275
                404-731-7798

                _____

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 11, 2007
                  Well, that was fun! I flew through the Eiffel Tower. Literally. Right
                  through the second level observation deck. It was also fun seeing my old
                  neighborhood. The 3D view let me circle around our old apartment and
                  actually see my bedroom window! Still, I prefer the navigation of Google
                  Earth. It just seems more intuitive.

                  Thanks for the link!

                  Mark

                  www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>