Re: [PanoToolsNG] Google Maps Street View

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 25 , May 30, 2007
      ...to be more exact (and do the DORIS team justice): the data is still here, but not in 3D any more AFAIK - e.g.:
      http://194.48.48.55/viewer/init.aspx?hotspot=alk|of|1:1000|34974|308905|0|Paddle%20Steamer%20Gisela

      Best regards
      Bernhard
      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      Datum: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:12:14 +0200
      Von: "Bernhard Vogl" <bvogl@...>
      An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Google Maps Street View

      > This is also unfortunately true for Austria. There are only a few areas in
      > high resolution, notably Vienna and Salzbug. Almost the complete Alps are
      > missing (which would be very nice to remotely explore the mountains and do
      > some virtual tour planning).
      > Also, it is a pity that popular services like GE tend to cause a
      > "Microsoft-Effect", which means, almost all other developments immediately start to
      > decay, regardless if they are good or not.
      > Just like the Austrian 3D Project by DORIS which clearly was ahead of it's
      > time and now nearly disappeared:
      > http://doris.ooe.gv.at/geoinformation/3d/intro.asp
      >
      > Best regards
      > Bernhard
    • 3rw1n
      Message 2 of 25 , May 30, 2007
        Hello everyone,

        I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp in
        Bordeaux.

        Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/

        Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome !

        Cheers,

        Erwin
      • Marcel Geers
        Message 3 of 25 , May 30, 2007
          Hi there! I really enjoyed it. Could you explain how you expose your
          pictures such that the sun came out as it did in such a spherical
          panorama?

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "3rw1n" <3rw1n@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated
          blimp in
          > Bordeaux.
          >
          > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/
          >
          > Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome !
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Erwin

        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 25 , May 30, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Marcel Geers" <mpageers@...> wrote:

            > Hi there! I really enjoyed it. Could you explain how you expose your
            > pictures such that the sun came out as it did in such a spherical
            > panorama?

            maybe the picture of Sun was taked after a time or before (or put in
            PP), I saw some trees having both shadow and the Sun on the same side.

            A very good pano, bit more attention on patching of the zenith.

            thanks for sharing,
            Dorin
          • John Armstrong-Millar
            Message 5 of 25 , May 30, 2007
              On 30/5/07 15:16, "3rw1n" <3rw1n@...> wrote:

              > Hello everyone,
              >
              > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp in
              > Bordeaux.
              >
              > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/
              >
              > Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome !
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Erwin
              >

              > Great..
              > I love that flare, makes it look like a video feed,also the reflection off the
              > water really sparkles. The ere a few strange bits here and there but otherwise
              > very nice. Like the graphics on your site.
              >
              > Phew.. That¹s enough I think...
              >
              > J.

            • Dave Thomson
              Message 6 of 25 , May 30, 2007
                It's beautiful. How did you stabilize the blimp to get the pano? Do you have some sort of rotating mount and remote control for the camera?
                Dave

                > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp in
                > Bordeaux.
                >
                > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/
                >
                > Comments, critics and suggestions are welcome !
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Erwin
                >

                > Great..
                > I love that flare, makes it look like a video feed,also the reflection off the
                > water really sparkles. The ere a few strange bits here and there but otherwise
                > very nice. Like the graphics on your site.
                >
                > Phew.. That¹s enough I think...
                >
                > J.

              • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
                Message 7 of 25 , May 31, 2007
                  > I'd like to show you a pano I made last week with a helium inflated blimp
                  > in Bordeaux.

                  > Here it is => http://www.bluephotographie.com/360/panoquai/

                  Very nice, how did you manage to shoot the zenith? It does not look like
                  you shot it from the ground.

                  One suggestion: your horizon is not level. Try adjusting the pitch and/or
                  roll until it's right.

                  Serge.
                • Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 11, 2007
                    Check out this Paris 3d view:

                    http://v3d.pagesjaunes.fr/paris/

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    Carlos Chegado

                    Olho de Peixe Lda

                    ====================================

                    ====================================

                  • Sacha Griffin
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 11, 2007
                      That’s an amazing concept destroyed by a terrible user interface. I imagined
                      flying to every cool spot and taking a quick look around.. but no.

                      Everything change in viewpoint takes ages.

                      Not that it couldn’t be fixed.. plus the data doesn’t update correctly if
                      you are actively flying with keys.

                      Sacha Griffin
                      www.southern-digital.com
                      www.seeit360.net
                      www.ezphotosafe.com
                      404-551-4275
                      404-731-7798

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 11, 2007
                        Well, that was fun! I flew through the Eiffel Tower. Literally. Right
                        through the second level observation deck. It was also fun seeing my old
                        neighborhood. The 3D view let me circle around our old apartment and
                        actually see my bedroom window! Still, I prefer the navigation of Google
                        Earth. It just seems more intuitive.

                        Thanks for the link!

                        Mark

                        www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>