EveryScape

  • JD Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2007
      A demo of EveryScape, a Flash-based "move around and view a pano"
      app, is now available at everyscape.com for Union Square in San
      Francisco. Pretty durn cool, especially the transition between
      panos. You can go inside some buildings as well. No zooming, fairly
      low quality panos, possibly a 360-one type of setup (but with larger
      VFOV). The zenith hole is rectangular.

      If you look down, you can see the shadow of the shooter in some
      places in the square, and the car (minivan) they are using to do the
      street shooting in others. Anyone have more info or guesses?

      JD
    • robert_harshman
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, JD Smith <jdsmith@...> wrote:

        > A demo of EveryScape,

        JD, you forgot the link :)>
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2007
          Pretty cool. Combine that tech with the google maps 360 tech, and you can
          replace the crappy 360-one shot with something decent for hot spots..

          In comparison, the map was not obvious like google's.. and I was bored until
          I found I could change everything.

          The car stuff was funny. I imagine they did have to stop and do it asap. I
          doubt a multi-cam setup would be on npp for that.

          Now, any of us can replicate this, if we can figure out a decent workflow
          for transitions.

          Sacha Griffin
          Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          www.southern-digital.com
          www.seeit360.net
          www.ezphotosafe.com
          404-551-4275
          404-731-7798

          _____

          Message 4 of 4 , May 29, 2007
            > A demo of EveryScape, a Flash-based "move around and view a pano"
            > app, is now available at everyscape.com for Union Square in San
            > Francisco. Pretty durn cool, especially the transition between
            > panos.
            > Anyone have more info or guesses?
            >
            > JD

            Wow, this is a lot of work to produce. Amazing that they did not use
            a graphics designer, at least one with any skill.

            This is yet another example of technology regardless of design. Not a
            world I want to spend any time in.

            The photography is better than the google drive by, but the design is
            worse. I love the shoe store stuff(not really): enter a 360 view of a
            shop with no reference and then click on some links to "blank"
            pictures of shoes with no reference to the shoes or store or how to
            buy.

            what are they thinking?

            regards

            Robert