Is my face red!

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2006
      I've lost count of the times I have found myself unable to
      view panoramas at URLs posted here. In some cases the person
      posting has taken considerable time and trouble to help me
      enjoy their panoramas. I have learned to switch over to
      FireFox or (horrors) MS IE, although sometimes it has
      become possible to view using Opera, usually but not always
      via Java. QT also worked sporadically.

      Today I had a short breathing space in a huge ongoing project
      that has taken most of my waking hours for the last couple of
      weeks and will probably continue to do for another month or
      so.

      I downloaded and installed the latest version of Sun Java,
      downloaded and installed the latest version of Opera, and
      went very, very carefully through all the options. One of the
      reasons was the asymmetry between Opera and FireFox using
      Nick Crossland's plug-in detector. It only found Java with
      Opera whereas it found everything on FireFox.

      Imagine my horror when I found, deep in an obscure menu, a
      little box with a check in it for "do not allow plugins."

      When I unchecked this, Nick's script found ALL my plugins,
      and I was able to view EVERY PANORAMA and EVERY URL I clicked
      on in my favourite browser/mail client Opera (now version 9.0).

      My apologies to all who have spared a moment for my complaints
      at not being able to see their panorams. (You know who you
      are.)

      Roger@...

      PS I also found that QT had to be in my system tray for the
      plug-in to be available. That seems very odd, but now I know,
      that's where it shall stay.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger