Microsoft Goes Virtual Touring

  • Bert Vierstra
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
      Microsoft Goes Virtual Touring

      http://research.microsoft.com/IVM/PhotoTours/

      No stitching, allthough they do stitching software as well.

      Samples (with errors) are online..

      Its a matter of time (?) before it will be integrated....

      --
      best regards,

      Bert Vierstra

      http://www.360rage.com/
      http://www.bali3d.com/
    • Rick Drew
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
        Yea, but leave it to them to redefine the jargon and make it seem like an
        original MS idea. It uses special "computer vision algorithms" and
        "distinctive features."

        The implementation, if it ever works, looks interesting though.

        Rick Drew

        _____

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
          there is also this more specifically panorama-related Microsoft scene
          navigation technology
          http://research.microsoft.com/~swinder/papers/tr-2003-61.pdf

          it reminds me of earlier Smoothmove (aka Infinite Pictures) and
          "movie map" technologies

          Peter