Re: command params to PTmender & Cropped Tifs

  • LoveFilm
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 28, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Max Lyons" <max.lyons@...> wrote:

      > > Only problem I encountered - and I might not be setting something
      > > right - is when I generated cropped Tifs from PTmender. They did not
      > > stitch / blend together properly at all after running them through
      > > enblend. A real garbled mess!
      >
      > My guess is that you are using an old version of Enblend that
      doesn't work
      > correctly with cropped TIFFs.
      >
      > Max

      I used version 2.1 for the Mac - though right now I'm having problems
      with that version as it seems unable to successfully write the
      necessary temp files during processing (also having trouble using
      pblend). I'm having more luck with version 1.3.

      I haven't tried assembling cropped tiffs again since that first
      experiment as PTmender can now generate files small enough to manage
      with LZW compression.

      QUESTION - are the Mac versions 2.1 and the PC version 2.5 of Enblend
      equivalent, or is the PC version simply further along in development?

      For the one pano I have been testing these with since I started using
      Enblend just recently, I have noticed better results on the PC. The
      Mac seems to have more ghosting in a few problem areas that were
      nearly perfectly stitched and blended on the PC.

      I can post sample files if any one is interested.