Where VR display for the web is going...

  • listmail@mab3d.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2007
      The "wavy lines" and limits of recent Flash VR methods are pretty
      much gone, but now FlashPanoramas has added perspective-corrected
      video, interactive 3D distortions, and other goodies to a VR display
      method that uses the Flash plugin:

      http://flashpanoramas.com/blog/2007/05/23/add-some-life-to-panoramas

      Play the video, zoom in on the clock, click the photos on the desk.

      BTW, the panorama is rendered from a 3D scene, so the geometric
      distortions are from polygons, not the display engine.
      (And please note, I did not create any of this - I'm only passing on
      the demo link!)

      -Mark
    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2007
        That is very impressive! I really liked switching the video source
        to my MacBook Pro's built-in camera. There I was, in the pano, live
        and perspective-corrected. (I did have to change the Flash settings
        to the correct camera.) Also, you have to love being able to click
        on the (now perspectively corrected) hotspots and have an image open
        with animation. OMG.

        Way too cool.

        John

        John Riley