Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: OT - a photo request from WorldPanoramaStock

  • Yuval Levy
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2007
      hmmsomethingelse wrote:
      >> image size used by the software is 10,250 x 576 pixels
      >
      > I wonder if this is correct. If so presumably landscapes only. Or an
      > extremely letterboxed room interior.

      Yes, this is correct and yes, landscapes are better suited for this sort
      of display. It is similar to the one I showed a few days ago
      <http://www.photopla.net/070507sat> which also has a 12:1 aspect ratio.

      When I read about a tent, I hoped it was more for spherical / cubes
      which are more of my interest. There are some interesting prototypes of
      spherical displays on which the people at SAT are working and there is
      more to come.

      I find it great that our art and technology are making it on the radar
      screens of large corporation's marketing departments. On the other hand
      I fully agree with Pedro. No photographer who respects himself should
      bend over to such stupid conditions. Have you ever seen a respectable
      movie maker not receiving royalties when their movies are shown in
      public? or song writer not receiving royalties when their songs are
      played in public? these customers have money and should pay.

      I am working on organizing panorama projection evenings and those
      artists that I will contact to show their VR will receive adequate
      compensation - specifically a percentage on the tickets sale.

      Yuv

      --
      Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
      Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup