Freeride skiing action VR

  • Tristan Shu
    Message 1 of 10 , May 23, 2007
      Hello everybody,

      i know we are now fully into spring (and almost summer with the current
      temperatures in several countries here in Europe) in the north
      hemisphere, but i wanted to share with you some of my work of this past
      winter season...

      Here is a freeride skiing shot i did a few months ago, but just
      processed it lately:

      DevalVR version - 1 Mo:
      http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-deval.htm

      Quicktime version - 1Mo:
      http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-qt.htm

      I've got a lot of others to come, i'll post more links in the next days.
      And i still got so many left to process... but i bet all of you know the
      feeling.

      ;-)

      Tristan Shu
      www.tristanshu.com
    • Yuval Levy
      Message 2 of 10 , May 23, 2007
        Tristan Shu wrote:
        > Quicktime version - 1Mo:
        > http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-qt.htm

        Impressive as always! for the record, last week we woke up with five cm
        of snow on the ground in Quebec-City, and there is still a 10% chance of
        freeze on the ground until mid June. Unfortunately the mountains are not
        as tall as in France.

        Yuv

        --
        Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
        Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup
        Message 3 of 10 , May 23, 2007
          Hi Tristan,

          it's WOW! very good, very clever, and very beatifull white.

          As part of my learning process in making pano I must find something
          in each one I saw that should be better, hard to find something in
          your's but I found something, very small providing what good pano it
          is. There is a structure of 4 white points like a constelation which
          repeate few times around on the ceiling due to patch/retouch of
          zenith. that's all!

          congratulations and thanks for sharing,
          Dorin

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Tristan Shu
          <tristanshupanotools@...> wrote:

          > Hello everybody,
          >
          > i know we are now fully into spring (and almost summer with the
          current
          > temperatures in several countries here in Europe) in the north
          > hemisphere, but i wanted to share with you some of my work of this
          past
          > winter season...
          >
          > Here is a freeride skiing shot i did a few months ago, but just
          > processed it lately:
          >
          > DevalVR version - 1 Mo:
          > http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-deval.htm
          >
          > Quicktime version - 1Mo:
          > http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-qt.htm
          >
          > I've got a lot of others to come, i'll post more links in the next
          days.
          > And i still got so many left to process... but i bet all of you
          know the
          > feeling.
          >
          > ;-)
          >
          > Tristan Shu
          > www.tristanshu.com

        • Wheaton, Simon
          Message 4 of 10 , May 23, 2007
            Nice, did you clone out the photographer's tracks to the shoot location
            in the snow?

            Can you provide details about how you took it, handheld/tripod, lens
            type, number of shots, etc.?

            It is nearly winter down here, can't wait for the snow to kick in.

            Thanks,
            Simon
            Canberra
            AUSTRALIA

            Message 5 of 10 , May 23, 2007
              Very good pano.
              Reminds me of another pano from a few years back of a mountain biker.
              Don't recall how the photog did it but the image was from right above the
              bike's handlebars.
              Anyone recall the link?

              Shawn Steigner
              --------------------------------
              PhotoSurveyor-Sharing places like never before with photos and virtual
              tours.
              www.photosurveyor.com

              > i know we are now fully into spring (and almost summer with the current
              > temperatures in several countries here in Europe) in the north
              > hemisphere, but i wanted to share with you some of my work of this past
              > winter season...
              >
              > Here is a freeride skiing shot i did a few months ago, but just
              > processed it lately:
              >
              > DevalVR version - 1 Mo:
              > http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-deval.htm
              >
              > Quicktime version - 1Mo:
              > http://www.tristanshu.com/02-portfolio/action/qtvr/romain-qt.htm
              >
              > I've got a lot of others to come, i'll post more links in the next days.
              > And i still got so many left to process... but i bet all of you know the
              > feeling.
              >
              > ;-)
              >
              > Tristan Shu
              > www.tristanshu.com

            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 10 , May 23, 2007
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn Steigner" <owner@...> wrote:

                > Very good pano.
                > Reminds me of another pano from a few years back of a mountain biker.
                > Don't recall how the photog did it but the image was from right above the
                > bike's handlebars.
                > Anyone recall the link?

                http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen5/f42-rock-climbing.html

                Hans
              • Tristan Shu
                Message 7 of 10 , May 24, 2007
                  > How were you able to get that shot? Was it on a monopod? How did
                  you keep from being hit by the skier?

                  Well, I was actually hit by the skier... extreme photography is at that
                  prize.
                  ;-)

                  > Wheaton, Simon wrote:
                  > Nice, did you clone out the photographer's tracks to the shoot
                  location in the snow?

                  yes of course. if you ask, that mean i did the job ok.

                  > Can you provide details about how you took it, handheld/tripod, lens
                  type, number of shots, etc.?

                  5D + 10,5 + a 6 meter long Agnos pole held horizontal (well, very bent
                  !). The skier went straight at the camera, i was safe on the side.
                  4 shots around + 1 with the skier.

                  > It is nearly winter down here, can't wait for the snow to kick in.

                  i read in some other post of yours that you're snowboarding and a keen
                  hiker. may be we can expect some snowboarding VRs shots then (in HDR
                  with your new toy) ?

                  Shu
                • Tristan Shu
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 24, 2007
                    >> Reminds me of another pano from a few years back of a mountain biker.
                    >> Don't recall how the photog did it but the image was from right
                    above the
                    >> bike's handlebars.

                    Ignacio kindly explained at the time here on the list how he did it.
                    if you have a search in the archive you'll find back his post.

                    >> Anyone recall the link?

                    http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen5/f42-rock-climbing.html
                    <http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen5/f42-rock-climbing.html>
                  • Bernd
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 24, 2007
                      Yes Tristan,

                      that's action ... cool action ;-)
                      Like the pano and the idea, brainwave alot !!!

                      best from germany
                      Bernd
                    • Shawn Steigner
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 24, 2007
                        Thanks.
                        Found his explanation.
                        Mutli-shots assembled with much shooting and stitching challenges.

                        Great work.