USb remoting software...

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2007
      I'd like to remote a Nikon compact camera via usb... just triggering is
      enough.
      Can anyone share some software link???
      Unfortunately Gphoto is linux based...
      :-(
    • Bernhard Vogl
      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2007
        Hello Luca,

        Some time ago Thomas Rauscher posted a software that was able to control a camera remotely via USB. I don't have the link at hand but maybe Thomas is reading this...

        Best regards
        Bernhard

        -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        Datum: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:57:55 +0200
        Von: Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...>
        An: "PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com" <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
        Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] USb remoting software...

        > I'd like to remote a Nikon compact camera via usb... just triggering is
        > enough.
        > Can anyone share some software link???
        > Unfortunately Gphoto is linux based...
        > :-(
      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 7 , May 21, 2007
          Hi Luca,

          If you are using a Mac, have you tried Image Capture? It can control
          a good many cameras even using a web-based interface. Also, if you
          download the Image Capture SDK, you can adapt some of the included
          project files to make a basic control application. The most helpful
          one is Camera Capabilities, which does just what its name says. It
          will tell you what capabilities your camera has for control and can
          be altered pretty easily to control a camera. I remember doing this
          with my Nikon 995 and also controlling it via USB from a Palm device
          (Google up some links for software on that.)

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On May 21, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Luca Vascon wrote:

          > I'd like to remote a Nikon compact camera via usb... just
          > triggering is
          > enough.
          > Can anyone share some software link???
          > Unfortunately Gphoto is linux based...
          > :-(

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 7 , May 21, 2007
            Ahemm...
            No, I'm using a Samsung Q1 UMPC, it would be tricky to run osx on it or
            whatever Linux, due to its specialized hardware and touchscreen imput...
            :-)

            John Riley ha scritto:

            > Hi Luca,
            >
            > If you are using a Mac, have you tried Image Capture? It can control
            > a good many cameras even using a web-based interface. Also, if you
            > download the Image Capture SDK, you can adapt some of the included
            > project files to make a basic control application. The most helpful
            > one is Camera Capabilities, which does just what its name says. It
            > will tell you what capabilities your camera has for control and can
            > be altered pretty easily to control a camera. I remember doing this
            > with my Nikon 995 and also controlling it via USB from a Palm device
            > (Google up some links for software on that.)
            >
            > John
            >
            > John Riley
            > johnriley@... <mailto:johnriley%40chesnet.net>
            > jriley@... <mailto:jriley%40uscupstate.edu>
            >
            > On May 21, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Luca Vascon wrote:
            >
            > > I'd like to remote a Nikon compact camera via usb... just
            > > triggering is
            > > enough.
            > > Can anyone share some software link???
            > > Unfortunately Gphoto is linux based...
            > > :-(
            > >

            > > --

          • Luca Vascon
            Message 5 of 7 , May 21, 2007
              I call him...
              :-)

              Bernhard Vogl ha scritto:

              > Hello Luca,
              >
              > Some time ago Thomas Rauscher posted a software that was able to
              > control a camera remotely via USB. I don't have the link at hand but
              > maybe Thomas is reading this...
              >
              > Best regards
              > Bernhard
              >
              > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
              > Datum: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:57:55 +0200
              > Von: Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...
              > <mailto:crimsonkingit%40yahoo.it>>
              > An: "PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>" <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>>
              > Betreff: [PanoToolsNG] USb remoting software...
              >
              > > I'd like to remote a Nikon compact camera via usb... just triggering is
              > > enough.
              > > Can anyone share some software link???
              > > Unfortunately Gphoto is linux based...
              > > :-(

            • Ian Wood
              Message 6 of 7 , May 21, 2007

                On 21 Nov 2005, at 23:45, Thomas Rauscher wrote:
                > Hello,
                >
                > after testing ptpcam for Linux I wanted the same functionality in
                > Windows, so I did some research and wrote my own Software. This is
                > more a proof of concept, but it should work with any digital camera
                > supported under Windows XP. The Software needs the Windows Image
                > Acquisition Automation Library v2.0 from
                > <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
                > FamilyID=a332a77a-01b8-4de6-91c2-b7ea32537e29&DisplayLang=en>
                >
                > It is also included in the Microsoft Raw Converter so you probably
                > have it already installed.
                >
                > My only camera is a D70s so the values for exposure and F-stops are
                > taken from this camera, but you can edit these values in the file
                > default.ini . The exposure time is scaled with 10000 the F-Stop with
                > 100.
                >
                > To install, just download the ZIP file and extract it in a directory
                > of your choice
                > http://www.pano2qtvr.com/download/WIA_V0_1.zip
                >
                > You have to change the USB connection setting in the camera from
                > Mass-storage to PTP and switch it into the Manual mode. Otherwise the
                > exposure and the F-Stop can't be changed on the PC.
                >
                > The software can bracket with 6 different exposure/f-values + timelaps
                > for any interval. I hope you find it useful and enjoy it. Any comments
                > are welcome!
                >
                > MfG,
                > Thomas.

                ;-)

                Ian
              • pb
                Message 7 of 7 , May 21, 2007
                  Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> skrev: I'd like to remote a Nikon compact camera via usb... just triggering is
                  enough.
                  Can anyone share some software link???
                  Unfortunately Gphoto is linux based...
                  :-(

                  For coolpix 900 series try this, maybe it will do for other models to.
                  http://www.digital-camera.dk/

                  Best regards
                  Per Bruus