VR Photography Conference Update

  • Landis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2007
      We have a number of news items about the Berkeley conference for you today.

      * The fee for the International VR Photography Conference in Berkeley
      was due to go up last Tuesday. But the deadline has been extended by
      ten days. Register for the conference by next Friday (May 25) at the
      original price of $250 for IVRPA members.

      * The block of rooms that Summer Visitor Housing (i.e. low cost
      campus dorm rooms) was holding for us has now been opened to
      everyone, and they will probably be taken quickly. Hotels in the area
      are also filling up. If you are planning on coming to the conference
      and have not yet made housing arrangements you should do so NOW.

      * Tickets for the ferry to Alcatraz are now available for our field
      trip date. It is necessary for each person to buy their own tickets
      (they make buying blocks of tickets awkward, to forestall scalpers).
      Landis Bennett will be leading this trip. Details are on the
      conference site.

      * We have finalized plans for the Monday afternoon field trip to the
      Golden Gate. This trip costs $40. You can sign up in advance through
      the web site and space is limited, first come-first served. The cost
      of the trip is for transportation - there is no reasonable way to do
      this route on public transport.

      * Don Bain will be personally leading a walking tour of San
      Francisco. He was born in San Francisco, and on this tour will show
      you some of his favorite parts of the city, run you up and down its
      famous hills, and tell you many amazing stories. There won't be
      enough time for much VR shooting on the tour, but we guarantee that
      you will find a thousand spots to come back to.

      We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Berkeley next month!

      The local conference hosts:
      G. Donald Bain
      Landis Bennett
      Patrick Cheatham