VR Photography Conference Update
- We have a number of news items about the Berkeley conference for you today.
* The fee for the International VR Photography Conference in Berkeley
was due to go up last Tuesday. But the deadline has been extended by
ten days. Register for the conference by next Friday (May 25) at the
original price of $250 for IVRPA members.
* The block of rooms that Summer Visitor Housing (i.e. low cost
campus dorm rooms) was holding for us has now been opened to
everyone, and they will probably be taken quickly. Hotels in the area
are also filling up. If you are planning on coming to the conference
and have not yet made housing arrangements you should do so NOW.
* Tickets for the ferry to Alcatraz are now available for our field
trip date. It is necessary for each person to buy their own tickets
(they make buying blocks of tickets awkward, to forestall scalpers).
Landis Bennett will be leading this trip. Details are on the
* We have finalized plans for the Monday afternoon field trip to the
Golden Gate. This trip costs $40. You can sign up in advance through
the web site and space is limited, first come-first served. The cost
of the trip is for transportation - there is no reasonable way to do
this route on public transport.
* Don Bain will be personally leading a walking tour of San
Francisco. He was born in San Francisco, and on this tour will show
you some of his favorite parts of the city, run you up and down its
famous hills, and tell you many amazing stories. There won't be
enough time for much VR shooting on the tour, but we guarantee that
you will find a thousand spots to come back to.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Berkeley next month!
The local conference hosts:
G. Donald Bain