More Than 3 Exposures Per Bracket Set on Canon 350D?

  • Wheaton, Simon
    Message 1 of 38 , May 20 8:36 AM
      I want to try some HDR/tonemapping/Photomatix in my panos, but would like more than the 3 exposures per bracket set, and a greater range than -2/0/+2, than is available in the Canon 350D (Digital Rebel XT) firmware.

      I don't want to have to touch the camera to change settings, and possibly move the position of the camera between shots in the same bracket set.

      I assume that the 350D firmware will not be hacked, like the 300D firmware was, to enable more exposures per bracket set.

      What options are available to enable a larger/wider set of bracketed images on the 350D?

      I would really like something as small as possible, hopefully something purpose built, as I don't want to have to lug a notebook into remote locations (on foot, snowboard, or mountain bike) to provide this functionality.

      Maybe something like this...
      http://avila.star-shine.ch/foto/timer%20remote%20controll/timer%20remote%20control.html <http://avila.star-shine.ch/foto/timer%20remote%20controll/timer%20remote%20control.html>

      ...could something like that provide the necessary control through either the USB port or the remote port on the 350D?

      If both the USB port or the remote port can be used, would there be an advantage to using one over the other?

      Could exposures be set to any required shutter release times by these methods?

      Thanks,
      Simon
      Canberra
      AUSTRALIA