The highest and longest in the world

  • gerardoant
    Message 1 of 15 , May 16, 2007
      Hola Todos!

      I would like to share with you some panos from the "Teleferico
      de Merida" (Merida cablecar) the highest (4765 meters / 15.630
      feet) and longest (12.50 kilometers / 7.70 miles) in the world.
      Their altitude is very similar to the highest peak in Europa
      the Mont Blanc (4808 mts). The trip take around one hour to get
      from Merida city to the top: Pico Espejo. The cablecar is Merida's
      most outstanding tourist attraction as Venezuela also.

      What is nice on these pictures is it was a pretty clear day, no
      clouds around!! Merida city is surrounded by rain forest so almost
      every day is fogy and cloudy. In a days clear like this you have
      a wonderful sight from the top, just in front is Bolivar peak
      the highest in Venezuela (4978 mts) even you can see "Sierra
      del Cocuy" which is far away several hundred kilometers in the
      next country, Colombia.

      This page is in spanish but I guess is very easy to use, just
      click on the white dots over the mountain:

      http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html

      And now I need some help from you: I'm using detectvr.js (Gracias
      Fiero!!!) to catch the right plugin but only QuickTime and DevalVR,
      and the main screen is a Flash presentation. Every thing
      seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
      no idea what happen on Mac. Here in my country near to 95% use
      windows but of course I would like to have it useful for every
      one. Could you test it and give me some feedback, please?? And
      if there is some troubles on Mac could you suggest me a
      solution?? I never use a Mac on my life!! This page is not public
      yet on my site, I would like to correct any mistake before the
      release if it is possible.

      By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
      the dumb face is me.... ;-)

      Saludos, Gerardo
    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 15 , May 16, 2007
        gerardoant wrote:
        > Hola Todos!
        >
        > I would like to share with you some panos from the "Teleferico
        > de Merida" (Merida cablecar) the highest (4765 meters / 15.630
        > feet) and longest (12.50 kilometers / 7.70 miles) in the world.
        > Their altitude is very similar to the highest peak in Europa
        > the Mont Blanc (4808 mts). The trip take around one hour to get
        > from Merida city to the top: Pico Espejo. The cablecar is Merida's
        > most outstanding tourist attraction as Venezuela also.
        >
        > What is nice on these pictures is it was a pretty clear day, no
        > clouds around!! Merida city is surrounded by rain forest so almost
        > every day is fogy and cloudy. In a days clear like this you have
        > a wonderful sight from the top, just in front is Bolivar peak
        > the highest in Venezuela (4978 mts) even you can see "Sierra
        > del Cocuy" which is far away several hundred kilometers in the
        > next country, Colombia.
        >
        > This page is in spanish but I guess is very easy to use, just
        > click on the white dots over the mountain:
        >
        > http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html

        Everything works well in FF 2.0.3 (WinXP Pro).

        Great work, Gerardo, but you might use the new detectlang.js to detect
        the site visitor's default language. It's great! =8^)

        > And now I need some help from you: I'm using detectvr.js (Gracias
        > Fiero!!!) to catch the right plugin but only QuickTime and DevalVR,
        > and the main screen is a Flash presentation. Every thing
        > seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
        > no idea what happen on Mac. Here in my country near to 95% use
        > windows but of course I would like to have it useful for every
        > one. Could you test it and give me some feedback, please?? And
        > if there is some troubles on Mac could you suggest me a
        > solution?? I never use a Mac on my life!! This page is not public
        > yet on my site, I would like to correct any mistake before the
        > release if it is possible.
        >
        > By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
        > the dumb face is me.... ;-)
        >
        > Saludos, Gerardo

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 15 , May 16, 2007
          On 17 May 2007 at 2:11, gerardoant wrote:

          > And now I need some help from you: I'm using detectvr.js (Gracias
          > Fiero!!!) to catch the right plugin but only QuickTime and DevalVR,
          > and the main screen is a Flash presentation. Every thing
          > seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
          > no idea what happen on Mac. Here in my country near to 95% use
          > windows but of course I would like to have it useful for every
          > one. Could you test it and give me some feedback, please?? And
          > if there is some troubles on Mac could you suggest me a
          > solution?? I never use a Mac on my life!! This page is not public
          > yet on my site, I would like to correct any mistake before the
          > release if it is possible.

          It works very well in Opera on XP Pro (DevalVR always does:)
          Very nice panos too!
          And finally from a place where I've been, in the real world :)
          I took that trip in -80, actually along with a few Swiss friends, and we were all very
          impressed, although we didn't have that blue sky. We had dramatic clouds though..

        • fierodeval
          Message 4 of 15 , May 17, 2007
            Hi Gerardo,

            It works fine on my iMac, MacOSX 10.4.8 Safari 2.0.4(419.3) and
            Firefox 2.0.0.3 in MacOSX

            Anyway, Firefox blocks your popup window (in WindowsXP and MacOSX), I
            think because you use Flash in your map. What instruction do you use
            to open the new window in Action Script?

            Beautiful work! :-)

            fiero

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "gerardoant" <gerardo@...> wrote:

            > Hola Todos!
            >
            > I would like to share with you some panos from the "Teleferico
            > de Merida" (Merida cablecar) the highest (4765 meters / 15.630
            > feet) and longest (12.50 kilometers / 7.70 miles) in the world.
            > Their altitude is very similar to the highest peak in Europa
            > the Mont Blanc (4808 mts). The trip take around one hour to get
            > from Merida city to the top: Pico Espejo. The cablecar is Merida's
            > most outstanding tourist attraction as Venezuela also.
            >
            > What is nice on these pictures is it was a pretty clear day, no
            > clouds around!! Merida city is surrounded by rain forest so almost
            > every day is fogy and cloudy. In a days clear like this you have
            > a wonderful sight from the top, just in front is Bolivar peak
            > the highest in Venezuela (4978 mts) even you can see "Sierra
            > del Cocuy" which is far away several hundred kilometers in the
            > next country, Colombia.
            >
            > This page is in spanish but I guess is very easy to use, just
            > click on the white dots over the mountain:
            >
            > http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html
            >
            > And now I need some help from you: I'm using detectvr.js (Gracias
            > Fiero!!!) to catch the right plugin but only QuickTime and DevalVR,
            > and the main screen is a Flash presentation. Every thing
            > seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
            > no idea what happen on Mac. Here in my country near to 95% use
            > windows but of course I would like to have it useful for every
            > one. Could you test it and give me some feedback, please?? And
            > if there is some troubles on Mac could you suggest me a
            > solution?? I never use a Mac on my life!! This page is not public
            > yet on my site, I would like to correct any mistake before the
            > release if it is possible.
            >
            > By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
            > the dumb face is me.... ;-)
            >
            > Saludos, Gerardo

          • Andrei Zdetovetchi
            Message 5 of 15 , May 17, 2007
              Hola Gerardo,

              I'm impressed! Very good work and nice location! :)
              On my XP with FF 2.0.0.3 worked just fine. If I'll have a chance in the next days to test it on a Mac, I'll get back to you!
              Made with Peleng?

              Best regards,
              Andrei Zdetovetchi

              the panoblogus - http://www.csvd.ro/panoblog/
              flick photostream - http://www.flick.com/photos/zdeto

              Message 6 of 15 , May 17, 2007
                On 17 May 2007, at 03:11, gerardoant wrote:

                > This page is in spanish but I guess is very easy to use, just
                > click on the white dots over the mountain:
                >
                > http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html

                Great stuff! I really like the diagram of the cable route.

                > And now I need some help from you: I'm using detectvr.js (Gracias
                > Fiero!!!) to catch the right plugin but only QuickTime and DevalVR,
                > and the main screen is a Flash presentation. Every thing
                > seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
                > no idea what happen on Mac.

                Works fine here in Safari 2.0.4, OS X 10.4.9 on an Intel Mac.

                Ian
              • michel thoby
                Message 7 of 15 , May 17, 2007
                  Hi Gerardo,

                  2 x 2 Ghz PPC G5; Mac OS 10. 4 .9;
                  Safari 2.0.4, Firefox 1.5.0.11, ICab 3.0.3, MS IE 5.2.3, Netscape
                  7.02, CubicNavigator 1.2.

                  I could not view any of your panoramas with the above browsers . Only
                  the text on top of a wide black area is visible.

                  In the process, when I was asked for doing so, I have updated Opera
                  to Opera 9.20 and then... the file loading was flash fast and I
                  could view (QT) with this newer version of this browser!

                  I hope this hemps,

                  Michel

                  Le 17 mai 07 à 04:11, gerardoant a écrit :

                  > Every thing
                  > seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
                  > no idea what happen on Mac. Here in my country near to 95% use
                  > windows but of course I would like to have it useful for every
                  > one. Could you test it and give me some feedback, please??

                • Alessandro Ugazio
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 17, 2007
                    > Hola Todos!

                    Hola Gerardo!

                    > http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html

                    Amazing! I like the luminosity in these panos, it's not easy to control such light contrasts,
                    especially the indoor ones.
                    Compliments also for the map!

                    > no idea what happen on Mac.

                    On a Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5, 10.4.9:
                    - Safari 2.0.4 opens new black window but it doesn't load the qtvr
                    - Firefox 1.5.0.6 OK
                    - Camino 1.0b1 OK
                    - Explorer 5.2 pretends that QuickTime isn't installed yet...

                    I personally don't care about: if one browser doesn't work with a page, I always try
                    another.

                    > By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
                    > the dumb face is me.... ;-)

                    I had no doubts, you still have the smoking gun in your right hand!... :D

                    > Saludos, Gerardo

                    Ciao Gerardo, your WWP contributions have always been among my favourites!

                    A little note: I was curious about the Behind the scene of your Water pano, but the link
                    <http://www.cida.ve/~gerardo/qtvr/agua/adriycam.jpg> seems not working anymore...

                    ciao
                    Alessandro
                  • dorindxn
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 17, 2007
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "gerardoant" <gerardo@...> wrote:

                      > Hola Todos!
                      >
                      > I would like to share with you some panos from the "Teleferico
                      > de Merida" (Merida cablecar) the highest (4765 meters / 15.630
                      > feet) and longest (12.50 kilometers / 7.70 miles) in the world.
                      > Their altitude is very similar to the highest peak in Europa
                      > the Mont Blanc (4808 mts). The trip take around one hour to get
                      > from Merida city to the top: Pico Espejo. The cablecar is Merida's
                      > most outstanding tourist attraction as Venezuela also.
                      >
                      > What is nice on these pictures is it was a pretty clear day, no
                      > clouds around!! Merida city is surrounded by rain forest so almost
                      > every day is fogy and cloudy. In a days clear like this you have
                      > a wonderful sight from the top, just in front is Bolivar peak
                      > the highest in Venezuela (4978 mts) even you can see "Sierra
                      > del Cocuy" which is far away several hundred kilometers in the
                      > next country, Colombia.
                      >
                      > This page is in spanish but I guess is very easy to use, just
                      > click on the white dots over the mountain:
                      >
                      > http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html
                      >
                      > And now I need some help from you: I'm using detectvr.js (Gracias
                      > Fiero!!!) to catch the right plugin but only QuickTime and DevalVR,
                      > and the main screen is a Flash presentation. Every thing
                      > seems to work fine on IE6 and IE7 (winXP and Vista) but I have
                      > no idea what happen on Mac. Here in my country near to 95% use
                      > windows but of course I would like to have it useful for every
                      > one. Could you test it and give me some feedback, please?? And
                      > if there is some troubles on Mac could you suggest me a
                      > solution?? I never use a Mac on my life!! This page is not public
                      > yet on my site, I would like to correct any mistake before the
                      > release if it is possible.
                      >
                      > By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
                      > the dumb face is me.... ;-)
                      >
                      > Saludos, Gerardo

                      Hola Gerardo,

                      Impressive and good work, you ask about any mistake so you're
                      responsible for my reply ;)

                      No really, a like and only thing that you must correct before the
                      actual release is in the last pano you have a doubled person there,
                      the guy in red seatting, he have his hand on the head and look like
                      thinking, "what I'm doing here with no legs" (he hasn't.. is true)

                      hope that isn't hard to correct,

                      thanks for sharing,
                      Dorin
                    • panokaemena@mac.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 17, 2007
                        Same here

                        Safari 2.04 on PB G4 after clicking on any spot of your map a black
                        screens pops up with text but no QT is showing or loading.

                        on FireFox Mac 2.003 no problem

                        Willy

                        Syria

                        On May 17, 2007, at 11:42, Alessandro Ugazio wrote:

                        > > Hola Todos!
                        >
                        > Hola Gerardo!
                        >
                        > > http://www.merida360.com/mrd-city/teleferico/teleferico01.html
                        >
                        > Amazing! I like the luminosity in these panos, it's not easy to
                        > control such light contrasts,
                        > especially the indoor ones.
                        > Compliments also for the map!
                        >
                        > > no idea what happen on Mac.
                        >
                        > On a Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5, 10.4.9:
                        > - Safari 2.0.4 opens new black window but it doesn't load the qtvr
                        > - Firefox 1.5.0.6 OK
                        > - Camino 1.0b1 OK
                        > - Explorer 5.2 pretends that QuickTime isn't installed yet...
                        >
                        > I personally don't care about: if one browser doesn't work with a
                        > page, I always try
                        > another.
                        >
                        > > By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
                        > > the dumb face is me.... ;-)
                        >
                        > I had no doubts, you still have the smoking gun in your right
                        > hand!... :D
                        >
                        > > Saludos, Gerardo
                        >
                        > Ciao Gerardo, your WWP contributions have always been among my
                        > favourites!
                        >
                        > A little note: I was curious about the Behind the scene of your
                        > Water pano, but the link
                        > <http://www.cida.ve/~gerardo/qtvr/agua/adriycam.jpg> seems not
                        > working anymore...
                        >
                        > ciao
                        > Alessandro

                      • gerardoant
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 17, 2007
                          Hola de nuevo.

                          Thanks everyone for your help and comments. Seems that in one
                          or other way it works on Mac. I will look for some solution for
                          Mac-Safari, although to be honest I have not any idea... :-( ...
                          Some special code to display flash (swf) on safari?

                          Some answers:

                          *** Fiero:
                          > Anyway, Firefox blocks your popup window (in WindowsXP and MacOSX),
                          > think because you use Flash in your map. What instruction do you use
                          > to open the new window in Action Script?

                          I'm using a button with a javascript call, like this:

                          on (press) {
                          getURL("javascript:openNewWindow
                          ('picoespejo01.html','thewin','fullscreen=yes , titlebar=no,
                          toolbar=no, scrollbars=yes') ");
                          gotoAndPlay(1);
                          }

                          Is there some way to avoid those popups?
                          Something bad on my code?

                          *** Bojrn:
                          > And finally from a place where I've been, in the real world :)
                          > I took that trip in -80, actually along with a few Swiss friends,
                          and we were all very
                          > impressed, although we didn't have that blue sky. We had dramatic
                          clouds though..

                          Nice!! As you see it is still here!!... ;-)
                          Hope you can be back again. If so ask for me around!

                          *** Andrei
                          > On my XP with FF 2.0.0.3 worked just fine. If I'll have a chance in
                          the next days to test it on a Mac, I'll get back to you!
                          > Made with Peleng?

                          Nop, Sigma 8mm F4 and Nikon D50

                          *** Pat:
                          > Great work, Gerardo, but you might use the new detectlang.js to
                          detect
                          > the site visitor's default language. It's great! =8^)

                          I would like it exist! Some times is better has not translation
                          instead of a bad translation as I could do!! Maybe some day I
                          will have it....

                          *** Alessandro
                          > A little note: I was curious about the Behind the scene of your
                          Water pano, but the link...

                          Thanks for your comments. I will answer you privately later with
                          some pictures from the Water Pano.

                          *** Dorin
                          > No really, a like and only thing that you must correct before the
                          > actual release is in the last pano you have a doubled person there,
                          > the guy in red seatting, he have his hand on the head and look like
                          > thinking, "what I'm doing here with no legs" (he hasn't.. is true)

                          They are twins!! believe me!! One is so shy and hide his face,
                          maybe because... he has no legs!!! You are absolutely right!!
                          I forgot place a shoe there!! What happen here is I only took
                          four pictures instead of six I usually do. That because the
                          cabin was moving and I want to avoid outside errors. As you can
                          image the man was in two pictures just in the corners, and I noted
                          it when I was back at home!!... no way to fix it on PtGui or PS
                          layers. I decide to left him twice as a joke but now you mentioned
                          the "lack of legs" it bother me... well a little more work... but not
                          impossible with some "hand painting" in photoshop. I will let
                          you know when the "brother" is gone...

                          Thanks again to all, saludos, Gerardo
                        • Bernd
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 18, 2007
                            Hi Gerardo,

                            nice panos from a unique landscape and I like
                            the good presentation with the diagram of the cable route too.

                            Here on a winXPPro system everything works fine (IE6 and FF2).

                            Best from germany
                            Bernd
                          • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 29, 2007

                              > By the way... the guy inside the cabin looking the camera with
                              > the dumb face is me.... ;-)

                              Hola Gerardo,

                              Congratulaciones un trabajo muy bien hecho, finalmente nos conocemos
                              cara a cara. :)

                              Rodrigo
                            • fiero
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 29, 2007
                                Hi Gerardo,

                                >Thanks everyone for your help and comments. Seems that in one
                                >or other way it works on Mac. I will look for some solution for
                                >Mac-Safari, although to be honest I have not any idea... :-( ...
                                >Some special code to display flash (swf) on safari?

                                I saw this message today in QuickTime-VR list:
                                http://lists.apple.com/archives/QuickTime-VR/2007/May/msg00152.html
                                It exists a bug in QT 7.1.6 for Mac, for this reason "detecvr.js" script
                                does not work correctly in some Mac computers.

                                I fixed this in latest version:
                                http://www.devalvr.com/instalacion/detectvr.zip

                                >I'm using a button with a javascript call, like this:
                                >on (press) {
                                >getURL("javascript:openNewWindow
                                >('picoespejo01.html','thewin','fullscreen=yes , titlebar=no,
                                >toolbar=no, scrollbars=yes') ");
                                >gotoAndPlay(1);
                                >}

                                Now your popup works fine on my Firefox, I don't know if you made some
                                change. Anyway, all perfect! ;-)

                                regards
                                fiero

                                On 5/18/07, gerardoant <gerardo@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                >
                                > - Multimedia<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkOXVhMjdmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDMTgyMjc4NDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA2NDk2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDQyNTg0?t=ms&k=Multimedia&w1=Multimedia&w2=Multimedia+course&w3=Multimedia+design&w4=Multimedia+presentation&w5=Multimedia+program&c=5&s=115&g=2&.sig=NjHoYc35BmEFt1XAnL1nDQ>
                                > - Multimedia course<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdjc5Ymo0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMTgyMjc4NDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA2NDk2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDQyNTg0?t=ms&k=Multimedia+course&w1=Multimedia&w2=Multimedia+course&w3=Multimedia+design&w4=Multimedia+presentation&w5=Multimedia+program&c=5&s=115&g=2&.sig=qOZR_1AYtByMMMaWkmzV3A>
                                > - Multimedia design<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZTI4NGsyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzMEZ3JwSWQDMTgyMjc4NDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA2NDk2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDQyNTg0?t=ms&k=Multimedia+design&w1=Multimedia&w2=Multimedia+course&w3=Multimedia+design&w4=Multimedia+presentation&w5=Multimedia+program&c=5&s=115&g=2&.sig=d2vprTHfe4DgvycG1JCjzg>
                                > - Multimedia presentation<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMGE2aXV0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzQEZ3JwSWQDMTgyMjc4NDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA2NDk2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDQyNTg0?t=ms&k=Multimedia+presentation&w1=Multimedia&w2=Multimedia+course&w3=Multimedia+design&w4=Multimedia+presentation&w5=Multimedia+program&c=5&s=115&g=2&.sig=RQ6t8ISAa_hu8DIx4LCE5A>
                                > - Multimedia program<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZnFobzdhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzUEZ3JwSWQDMTgyMjc4NDgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA2NDk2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTc5NDQyNTg0?t=ms&k=Multimedia+program&w1=Multimedia&w2=Multimedia+course&w3=Multimedia+design&w4=Multimedia+presentation&w5=Multimedia+program&c=5&s=115&g=2&.sig=wWU8pn_pJasM5zlcLJdbBA>
                                >
                                > Y! GeoCities
                                >
                                > Share Your Resume<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jfo5h0t/M=493064.10729651.11333342.8674578/D=groups/S=1705006496:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1179449784/A=3848530/R=0/SIG=11vts2tqq/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42416/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/>
                                >
                                > Show off your
                                >
                                > talent and skills.
                                > Free Blogging
                                >
                                > Y! Web Hosting<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jjvjh3g/M=493064.10729657.11333348.8674578/D=groups/S=1705006496:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1179449784/A=4025377/R=0/SIG=12mdvba2o/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44092/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/blog.php>
                                >
                                > Share your views
                                >
                                > with the world.
                                > Need traffic?
                                >
                                > Drive customers<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jkvg3o1/M=493064.10729656.11333347.8674578/D=groups/S=1705006496:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1179449784/A=3848644/R=0/SIG=131l83flq/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/srchv2.php?o=US2006&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Groups5&s=Y&s2=&s3=&b=50>

                              • gerardoant
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 30, 2007
                                  GRACIAS FIERO!!!!!

                                  I will download it latter today and I will ask
                                  some friends here to test on Safari.

                                  Thanks for your help!

                                  Gerardo