OT: Aperture GPS to Google Maps script

  • Ian Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2007
      I use Apple's Aperture software quite a lot, but haven't really got
      into GPS stuff (yet). Anyway, someone on the Aperture support forum
      asked if there was a way to select an image containing GPS data, and
      use it to go to that location on a Google Maps web-page.

      Well, now there is. :-)

      <http://ianjameswood.co.uk/aperture/gps_to_google_maps_url_v2.zip>

      This is an AppleScript that will grab the latitude and longitude from
      the EXIF data, make a GM-style URL and open it in a new Safari window.

      Ian
    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2007
        On 12 May 2007, at 23:16, Ian Wood wrote:

        > This is an AppleScript that will grab the latitude and longitude from
        > the EXIF data, make a GM-style URL and open it in a new Safari window.
        >
        > Ian

        <http://ianjameswood.co.uk/aperture/gps_to_google_location_v3.zip>

        This new version will also make KMZ files and load them into Google
        Earth.

        Ian