Fo those who celebtrates it

  • Andrey Ilyin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2007
      no matter today or tomorrow -

      Congratulaions with V-Day!!!

      Hope to see interesting panos from all over the World. :)
    • Andrey Ilyin
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2007
        first pano from V-day celebration in Moscow - http://pano.1drey.com/
        panos/vday2007/vday1.html
      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <andrey@...> wrote:

          > first pano from V-day celebration in Moscow - http://pano.1drey.com/
          > panos/vday2007/vday1.html

          Hi Andrey, Wow! that's very fast and very good as you allways do, very
          impressive how you managed to stitch such pano in crowdly place, I only
          saw an extra hand pointed to military guy with blue hat, but that's due
          to the hurry I'm sure, if you have had much time, I'm sure it was
          perfect.

          My favorite spot is that with civilian giving orders to some policemans.

          thanks for sharing
          Dorin

          p.s. the link appear splited, maybe this help
          http://pano.1drey.com/panos/vday2007/vday1.html
        • Carl von Einem
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2007
            Hi Dorin,

            that looks to me more like old (Soviet) military uniforms. As far as I
            remember police uniforms are different, but my only visit to Moscow was
            several years ago when Gorbatchev still was president of the Soviet
            Union. At that time I was an assistant of a fashion photographer.

            The whole scene looks more to me like a pro Soviet demonstration than
            like a V-day celebration, but both might go hand in hand these days.
            Maybe Andrey can tell us more about the backgrounds - without getting
            too much into political details... ;-)

            btw. the end of WWII is naturally "celebrated" in Germany in a different
            way, Wikipedia addresses this topic well here:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VE_Day#History

            Carl

            Message 5 of 6 , May 9, 2007
              Thank you, Dorin.

              What an eye! I didn't notice this three-armed man :)
              Will correct it a bit later.

              Cheers,
              Andrey
            • Andrey Ilyin
              Message 6 of 6 , May 9, 2007
                Carl, You absolytely correct - this demonstration stylistically is
                identical to the ones from Soviet time. And it is quite natural
                because it is organized by Communist Party of Russian Federation
                (yes, communist ideology still alive :)), their PR-managers are old-
                fasioned.

                And they just use legitimate cause to promote yourself. No real
                influence in political life.

                Have a look at new pano - http://tinyurl.com/yp7p8q
                Same place, different spot. The jet wing in the sky is real! These
                jets will begin the military/hystorical parade on Red Square.