PluginDetect: Javascript plugin detection script, volunteer testers wanted!

  • Nick Crossland
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
      Hi - I've put up a test page for the first test version of a new
      javascript plugin detection script.

      It's been developed as part of Panoptics' TourGuide software, but
      we're releasing it as a free and open source standalone script to
      include on your own pages. It's designed to be simple, unobstrusive
      and reliable.

      Please visit:
      http://www.panoptics.co.uk/products-services/plugindetect/test.php
      And see if it detects your plugins correctly and runs without
      javascript errors. If it doesn't, please let me know!

      I've tested here on all the browsers I can lay my hands on (IE 4, 5,
      5.5, 6, 7; Firefox 1.5; Opera 8.5; Safari 2) so any further testing is
      most welcome!

      Thanks

      ~nick~
    • Hoyle Koontz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
        Nick,

        Seems to work just fine here on my WinXP box with IE6; however, in both
        Netscape 7.1 and Firefox 1.0 it didn't detect DevalVR.

        Thanks for making the script available. . .

        Hoyle Koontz

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
          Nick,

          Nicely done! It worked fine on my workstation, detecting all the variants
          that I have. Thanks for making it free as well!

          Mark
          www.pinnacle-vr.com
          www.northernlight.net

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
            Hi Nick,

            It works correctly with my Opera 8.5 and Opera 9.01.

            Thank you!

            Andrey
          • Carlos Chegado - www.netlojas.biz
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
              Nik,

              It failed to detect Deval VR on my system.
              Win XP/Firefox 1.5.0.4
              What about detecting Shockwave? For SPi-V!

              Carlos Chegado

              Olho de Peixe Lda