Canon 350D and Peleng lens

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006
      Dear All,

      There seem to be a number of people, I know of 4 members, which uses
      the above combination for producing panoramas and I would like if
      possible to compare the setting which everyone uses to create the
      panoramas.

      I personally use the following configuration:

      Camera: Canon 350D.
      Lens: Peleng 8mm with canon mount, supplied by Kiev cameras.
      Pano head: Nodal Ninja 3.

      Settings:

      Camera setting: Av
      Peleng Lens setting:
      On upper ring: f8 against the yellow line.
      Unlock/Locked ring: on Locked position.
      Lower ring: the infinity symbol (oxo) against the number 8.

      I follow the same settings if I use f11 and f16.

      I know that my friend Carl uses the following:
      Upper ring: on f8.
      Lower ring: on M, against the yellow line of the lower ring.

      He gets sharp photos, if I replicate that combinantion on my setup I
      get my shots all out of focus.

      Does anyone else uses diferent settings?

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo