Re: Photoshop CS3 extended. worth the $$

  • Alan Sharp
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, listmail@... wrote:

      > On May 2, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Alan Sharp wrote:
      > > I'm about to bite the bullet and upgrade to CS3-my beta copy just
      > > timed out- and am
      > > wondering if there is any advantage to getting the "extended"
      > > version for working with
      > > Panoramas?
      >
      > If you ever shoot multiple exposures (make HDR files, etc.), then
      > PSCS3 has a *huge* advantage over the basic version - it has *layers
      > and masks* in HDR! Very much worth the extra $ for me... here's a bit
      > more on "Extended:"
      >
      > http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/03/whats_unique_to.html
      >

      > > Everything works smoothly but I'd like to take advantage of CS3's
      > > blending power for people
      > > shots.
      >

      > The auto-alignment, blending and "photomerge" functions are all found
      > in the basic CS3 version as well, so no worries there. The only
      > caveat is that there (currently) is no upgrade path from the "basic"
      > PSCS3 to the "Extended" version. You might have to wait until CS4 if
      > you later decide you want some of those nifty features...
      >
      > -Mark

      Mark, Thanks for the link. great stuff.

      In anticipation of all of you experts developing more and more uses for CS3 Extended's
      capabilities, I spent the extra dollars. Smooth transition. The included version of Bridge
      seems to be much better behaved than the one that came with the CS3 Beta.

      One irksome detail though. Apple is charging $10 more than what appears to be the
      MSRP. The Apple Store Manager was unmoved by my rant ! I know that the folks in
      Europe and elsewhere have higher pricing than here but I thought the premium charged
      sucked.
      At least they had a copy.
      Thanks again,
      Al Sharp