Re: 360 degree pan question

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      Yes thats the way to do it, Ken. I already did several of these from
      different kind of buildings. It all depends on the diameter of your
      building and the distance to the closest other objects/buildings.

      And of course the desired resolution. Since it is much easier to
      stitch an acceptable result for a web pano then fo a hires print.

      And as Ian said, the more pictures you shoot the better.

      Good luck.
      J├╝rgen

    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2007
        It is possible. But it requires some corrections afterwards. here a
        pano which I did with about 30m off center. I took 8 shots around

        http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Nasserieh/NassSite200m24012007

        Willy

        On May 3, 2007, at 3:15, Ken Brookner wrote:

        > i have a project where i'll be doing a 360 degree panorama from a
        > building.
        > there's a workman's maintenance ledge that runs around the
        > building, up 20
        > floors, that has a pretty nice view.
        >
        > i'll be shooting with my back to the building from all 4 sides
        > (building is
        > square). i can move anywhere around the circumference of the building.
        >
        > i'm not sure of the technique to use to stitch all of this
        > together, or even
        > exactly how to shoot it. my guess is that to shoot it i could use a
        > wide
        > lens and then do something like shoot straight out from the corners
        > and half
        > way between the corners, assuming that the lens is wide enough to
        > overlap
        > the frames. i'll use a combination of photoshop, ptgui, and maybe
        > autopano-pro to put it all together.
        >
        > i do a lot of landscape panoramas, but this is blazing new
        > territory for me.
        > any and all suggestions are appreciated on how i might pull this off.
        >
        > thanks
        > kenb

      • Pajuaba Gmail
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2007
          This one:<http://www.pajuaba.com.br/panoramica_curitiba.html> was made
          from this
          tower:<http://www.curitiba.pr.gov.br/pmc/curitiba/index.asp?noframe=sim&conteudo=roteiros/mirante/index.html>
          , which is 109 meters high. The platform is about 20 meters of diameter,
          so the paralax was very noticeable. I had to make 8 sequences because
          the openable windows were not at even intervals, and I only noticed it
          when I had done the 4th one, so I had to reshoot from the other ones
          just to make sure.
          Regards,
          Rodolpho Pajuaba

          Sacha Griffin escreveu:
          > Well a 100 floors up the parallax would be a whole lot less that what you'll
          > get at 20 floors.
          >
          > Perhaps its just my opinion that at 20 floors you'll not be able to do the
          > same panorama.
          >

          > Sacha Griffin
        • brookk2002
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2007
            thanks to everyone responding and for the various links to tutorials
            and samples. sounds like this will be an interesting
            project! i think i have some work to do! :)

            best,
            kenb