RE: [PanoToolsNG] 360 degree pan question

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      Well a 100 floors up the parallax would be a whole lot less that what you'll
      get at 20 floors.

      Perhaps its just my opinion that at 20 floors you'll not be able to do the
      same panorama.

      Sacha Griffin
      Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2007
        Yes thats the way to do it, Ken. I already did several of these from
        different kind of buildings. It all depends on the diameter of your
        building and the distance to the closest other objects/buildings.

        And of course the desired resolution. Since it is much easier to
        stitch an acceptable result for a web pano then fo a hires print.

        And as Ian said, the more pictures you shoot the better.

        Good luck.
        J├╝rgen

      • panokaemena@mac.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2007
          It is possible. But it requires some corrections afterwards. here a
          pano which I did with about 30m off center. I took 8 shots around

          http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Nasserieh/NassSite200m24012007

          Willy

          On May 3, 2007, at 3:15, Ken Brookner wrote:

          > i have a project where i'll be doing a 360 degree panorama from a
          > building.
          > there's a workman's maintenance ledge that runs around the
          > building, up 20
          > floors, that has a pretty nice view.
          >
          > i'll be shooting with my back to the building from all 4 sides
          > (building is
          > square). i can move anywhere around the circumference of the building.
          >
          > i'm not sure of the technique to use to stitch all of this
          > together, or even
          > exactly how to shoot it. my guess is that to shoot it i could use a
          > wide
          > lens and then do something like shoot straight out from the corners
          > and half
          > way between the corners, assuming that the lens is wide enough to
          > overlap
          > the frames. i'll use a combination of photoshop, ptgui, and maybe
          > autopano-pro to put it all together.
          >
          > i do a lot of landscape panoramas, but this is blazing new
          > territory for me.
          > any and all suggestions are appreciated on how i might pull this off.
          >
          > thanks
          > kenb

        • Pajuaba Gmail
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2007
            This one:<http://www.pajuaba.com.br/panoramica_curitiba.html> was made
            from this
            tower:<http://www.curitiba.pr.gov.br/pmc/curitiba/index.asp?noframe=sim&conteudo=roteiros/mirante/index.html>
            , which is 109 meters high. The platform is about 20 meters of diameter,
            so the paralax was very noticeable. I had to make 8 sequences because
            the openable windows were not at even intervals, and I only noticed it
            when I had done the 4th one, so I had to reshoot from the other ones
            just to make sure.
            Regards,
            Rodolpho Pajuaba

            Sacha Griffin escreveu:
            > Well a 100 floors up the parallax would be a whole lot less that what you'll
            > get at 20 floors.
            >
            > Perhaps its just my opinion that at 20 floors you'll not be able to do the
            > same panorama.
            >

            > Sacha Griffin
          • brookk2002
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2007
              thanks to everyone responding and for the various links to tutorials
              and samples. sounds like this will be an interesting
              project! i think i have some work to do! :)

              best,
              kenb