Re: Sigma 8mm/5D (wasSomething not quite right with my new Sigma 8mm 3.5)

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 26 , May 2, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "John Houghton" <j.houghton@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > John, what is the size of images that you used, please take in
      > > consideration that the maximum image size from camera 5D is
      > > 4368x2912
      >
      > The images are 4368x2912. They can be found here:

      http://fromparis.com/tests/test4_canon_5d_nikon_10_5mm_set/nikon_10_5m
      m_
      > canon_5d.zip
      >
      > John

      With those images the size is 6860x3430, so my initial test was wrong.

      I aplolgise.

      Dorin
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 26 , May 2, 2007
        I standard use it 4 shots, 60degrees of roll and 3 degrees of tilt. On
        Agnos ring.
        No zenit to retouch, my beautyful wooden tripod is complete.
        :-DDDD

        udedomenico ha scritto:

        > Thanks all for your replies,
        >
        > yes I confirm it's a 350D and I must admit I thought i could
        > just "touch the verticals" with the sigma.
        >
        > I did not know the new sigma was "bigger".
        >
        > I shall give it a try with bending it to 60% or tilt 5% upwards as you
        > suggested.
        >
        > I.

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 26 , May 2, 2007
          I feel you may be really pleased of Tokina 10-17 fisheye zoom quality too!!!
          SHAVE IT,
          :-D You can use it at 10 mm to do monopod shots like 8mm on APSC
          sensor, up to 14mm to shoot 5 pictures around tilted down and 1 up, or
          to 17mm to have a 8shots full sphere in high detail. :-)