First steps with panoramics, asking for a little help

  • jorge
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      Hi everyone
      I discovered panoramic tools a month ago. Just stunned :). However I
      just don't undestand the cause of some problems, I don't know if there
      are bugs o misuse of my part.

      For example:
      Sometimes I set color/light correction and the previews works fine,
      but the creation stops with an assertion error (ptassembler).
      In hugin, suddenly blender do the job, but the resulting tiff has only
      8 bytes.
      A hugin snapshot almost all times gives a complete black or a white image.

      Wich kind of information of mi tests should I pass to the list to get
      tips/correction/whatever?

      for start, I using:
      Hugin 0.7 beta 4 for windows
      Hugin snapshot 07_04_15
      PTAssembler 3.5

      The camera is a Benq DC C540

      Thanks a lot!
    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2007
        On Wed 02-May-2007 at 01:33 -0000, jorge wrote:

        >Sometimes I set color/light correction and the previews works fine,

        >In hugin, suddenly blender do the job, but the resulting tiff has only
        >8 bytes.

        >A hugin snapshot almost all times gives a complete black or a white image.

        >Hugin 0.7 beta 4 for windows
        >Hugin snapshot 07_04_15

        The stable version of hugin is 0.6.1, these beta/snapshots have cool
        new features, but there are good reasons why they haven't been
        released as 'stable' yet.

        Your problem with blending is possibly because there are problems
        with the windows version of enblend-3.0 and different CPUs, see the
        panotoolsng list archive for discussion of possible solutions.

        The hugin snapshot has a new all-in-one 'photometric optimiser',
        that corrects vignetting, exposure, colour-balance and
        camera-response curves - In this snapshot you have to manually set
        the exposure as otherwise you get 'underexposed' or 'overexposed'
        output.

        Unless you really need these experimental features, I recommend that
        you use the stable 0.6.1 hugin.

        --
        Bruno