AW: [PanoToolsNG] recommend a photolab to print my panos

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      Björn:
      Novajet has also 300 dpi ?
      I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max.
      Did some 50 Panos 88 X 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

      Ciao
      Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        On 1 May 2007 at 14:29, ptgroup wrote:

        > Novajet has also 300 dpi ?

        Yes it has that too, but I always run it at 600dpi.

        > I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max. Did some 50 Panos 88 X
        > 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

        Difference vs what? Vs the newer 12+ colors 2400+ dpi printers like Z3100?
        I think that most people don't care if they can see the dots when get close up on large
        prints.
        So I would rather say that it was a good audience ;)
        The few clients I have printed for have been very happy with the results too :)

        I think the output from the Novajet is good. It's old, I got it for free and spent $18 on
        new bushings for it (and a couple of hours replacing them), spent a few hundred $s on ink
        and paper etc from a retired Novajet user, and now I can print good 60" prints "for free"
        on a machine I would never had the money to buy if it was one of the newer ones.
        Actually, I could even get $1500 for it if I buy a new Z2100 or Z3100, which is a bit
        tempting. But anyway I just have to use up all the wide paper rolls and ink first,
        because the biggest Z is only 44" wide...

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          Ha - sounds like mine !!
          I spend too much time replacing differnet parts- but just like you: I can´t see
          the VERY improvement when getting a newer model.
          Everytime the machines strikes I got some spareparts and then I´ll have to keep it running - for economical
          reasons though.
          What matters: If you look close (not too close !!) you see the differences - but as long as customers are
          satisfied with the results - let it go !!

          PS: I go for 600 dpi also - but it makes this resolution onla in black !
          Ciao
          Mike