RE: [PanoToolsNG] recommend a photolab to print my panos

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      I've used ThumbsPlus for years, and this has been great for printing
      images larger than what is possible in PhotoShop with the Epson drivers.

      Mark
      www.pinnacle-vr.com
      www.northernlight.net

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        Björn:
        Novajet has also 300 dpi ?
        I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max.
        Did some 50 Panos 88 X 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

        Ciao
        Mike

        --
        Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          On 1 May 2007 at 14:29, ptgroup wrote:

          > Novajet has also 300 dpi ?

          Yes it has that too, but I always run it at 600dpi.

          > I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max. Did some 50 Panos 88 X
          > 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

          Difference vs what? Vs the newer 12+ colors 2400+ dpi printers like Z3100?
          I think that most people don't care if they can see the dots when get close up on large
          prints.
          So I would rather say that it was a good audience ;)
          The few clients I have printed for have been very happy with the results too :)

          I think the output from the Novajet is good. It's old, I got it for free and spent $18 on
          new bushings for it (and a couple of hours replacing them), spent a few hundred $s on ink
          and paper etc from a retired Novajet user, and now I can print good 60" prints "for free"
          on a machine I would never had the money to buy if it was one of the newer ones.
          Actually, I could even get $1500 for it if I buy a new Z2100 or Z3100, which is a bit
          tempting. But anyway I just have to use up all the wide paper rolls and ink first,
          because the biggest Z is only 44" wide...

          --
          Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007
            Ha - sounds like mine !!
            I spend too much time replacing differnet parts- but just like you: I can´t see
            the VERY improvement when getting a newer model.
            Everytime the machines strikes I got some spareparts and then I´ll have to keep it running - for economical
            reasons though.
            What matters: If you look close (not too close !!) you see the differences - but as long as customers are
            satisfied with the results - let it go !!

            PS: I go for 600 dpi also - but it makes this resolution onla in black !
            Ciao
            Mike