Re: [PanoToolsNG] recommend a photolab to print my panos

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      On 1 May 2007 at 0:22, rosebrock524 wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I need to print a panoramic image 50x12 inches and was wondering if
      > someone could recommend a reliable photolab.

      Would that be in Australia, UK, Kazhakstan or maybe somewhere else in this world?
      I know some good ones here in Norway, and I coould even do it myself, on my old 60"
      Novajet, but I guess that won't help you much ;)

      > Also, does anyone know how to get an Epson 4000 to print 50 inches
      > without a RIP? I can only get it to print 25 inches.

      It would probably be possible using Qimage, which is a great software for printing.

      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        I've used ThumbsPlus for years, and this has been great for printing
        images larger than what is possible in PhotoShop with the Epson drivers.

        Mark
        www.pinnacle-vr.com
        www.northernlight.net

        On 1 May 2007 at 0:22, rosebrock524 wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I need to print a panoramic image 50x12 inches and was wondering if
        > someone could recommend a reliable photolab.

        Would that be in Australia, UK, Kazhakstan or maybe somewhere else in
        this world?
        I know some good ones here in Norway, and I coould even do it myself, on
        my old 60"
        Novajet, but I guess that won't help you much ;)

        > Also, does anyone know how to get an Epson 4000 to print 50 inches
        > without a RIP? I can only get it to print 25 inches.

        It would probably be possible using Qimage, which is a great software
        for printing.

        --
        Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilsse <http://www.bknilssen.no> n.no -
        panoramas and 3D

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          Björn:
          Novajet has also 300 dpi ?
          I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max.
          Did some 50 Panos 88 X 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

          Ciao
          Mike

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007
            On 1 May 2007 at 14:29, ptgroup wrote:

            > Novajet has also 300 dpi ?

            Yes it has that too, but I always run it at 600dpi.

            > I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max. Did some 50 Panos 88 X
            > 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

            Difference vs what? Vs the newer 12+ colors 2400+ dpi printers like Z3100?
            I think that most people don't care if they can see the dots when get close up on large
            prints.
            So I would rather say that it was a good audience ;)
            The few clients I have printed for have been very happy with the results too :)

            I think the output from the Novajet is good. It's old, I got it for free and spent $18 on
            new bushings for it (and a couple of hours replacing them), spent a few hundred $s on ink
            and paper etc from a retired Novajet user, and now I can print good 60" prints "for free"
            on a machine I would never had the money to buy if it was one of the newer ones.
            Actually, I could even get $1500 for it if I buy a new Z2100 or Z3100, which is a bit
            tempting. But anyway I just have to use up all the wide paper rolls and ink first,
            because the biggest Z is only 44" wide...

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2007
              Ha - sounds like mine !!
              I spend too much time replacing differnet parts- but just like you: I can´t see
              the VERY improvement when getting a newer model.
              Everytime the machines strikes I got some spareparts and then I´ll have to keep it running - for economical
              reasons though.
              What matters: If you look close (not too close !!) you see the differences - but as long as customers are
              satisfied with the results - let it go !!

              PS: I go for 600 dpi also - but it makes this resolution onla in black !
              Ciao
              Mike