recommend a photolab to print my panos

  • rosebrock524
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30 5:22 PM
      Hello,
      I need to print a panoramic image 50x12 inches and was wondering if
      someone could recommend a reliable photolab.

      Also, does anyone know how to get an Epson 4000 to print 50 inches
      without a RIP? I can only get it to print 25 inches.

      Lester
      www.lestermultimedia.com
    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        On 1 May 2007 at 0:22, rosebrock524 wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I need to print a panoramic image 50x12 inches and was wondering if
        > someone could recommend a reliable photolab.

        Would that be in Australia, UK, Kazhakstan or maybe somewhere else in this world?
        I know some good ones here in Norway, and I coould even do it myself, on my old 60"
        Novajet, but I guess that won't help you much ;)

        > Also, does anyone know how to get an Epson 4000 to print 50 inches
        > without a RIP? I can only get it to print 25 inches.

        It would probably be possible using Qimage, which is a great software for printing.

        --
        Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          I've used ThumbsPlus for years, and this has been great for printing
          images larger than what is possible in PhotoShop with the Epson drivers.

          Mark
          www.pinnacle-vr.com
          www.northernlight.net

          On 1 May 2007 at 0:22, rosebrock524 wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I need to print a panoramic image 50x12 inches and was wondering if
          > someone could recommend a reliable photolab.

          Would that be in Australia, UK, Kazhakstan or maybe somewhere else in
          this world?
          I know some good ones here in Norway, and I coould even do it myself, on
          my old 60"
          Novajet, but I guess that won't help you much ;)

          > Also, does anyone know how to get an Epson 4000 to print 50 inches
          > without a RIP? I can only get it to print 25 inches.

          It would probably be possible using Qimage, which is a great software
          for printing.

          --
          Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilsse <http://www.bknilssen.no> n.no -
          panoramas and 3D

        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007
            Björn:
            Novajet has also 300 dpi ?
            I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max.
            Did some 50 Panos 88 X 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

            Ciao
            Mike

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2007
              On 1 May 2007 at 14:29, ptgroup wrote:

              > Novajet has also 300 dpi ?

              Yes it has that too, but I always run it at 600dpi.

              > I run a Designjet 350 A0 : 910mm * 15000 cm (0,91 * 15m) max. Did some 50 Panos 88 X
              > 25 cm for an exibition: no one really saw the difference - bad audience ??

              Difference vs what? Vs the newer 12+ colors 2400+ dpi printers like Z3100?
              I think that most people don't care if they can see the dots when get close up on large
              prints.
              So I would rather say that it was a good audience ;)
              The few clients I have printed for have been very happy with the results too :)

              I think the output from the Novajet is good. It's old, I got it for free and spent $18 on
              new bushings for it (and a couple of hours replacing them), spent a few hundred $s on ink
              and paper etc from a retired Novajet user, and now I can print good 60" prints "for free"
              on a machine I would never had the money to buy if it was one of the newer ones.
              Actually, I could even get $1500 for it if I buy a new Z2100 or Z3100, which is a bit
              tempting. But anyway I just have to use up all the wide paper rolls and ink first,
              because the biggest Z is only 44" wide...

              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2007
                Ha - sounds like mine !!
                I spend too much time replacing differnet parts- but just like you: I can´t see
                the VERY improvement when getting a newer model.
                Everytime the machines strikes I got some spareparts and then I´ll have to keep it running - for economical
                reasons though.
                What matters: If you look close (not too close !!) you see the differences - but as long as customers are
                satisfied with the results - let it go !!

                PS: I go for 600 dpi also - but it makes this resolution onla in black !
                Ciao
                Mike