Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: panos

  • yuval levy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2006
      --- stevendowd2001 <steven.dowd@...> wrote:
      > done some night pano's as well, will put those up
      > later

      done so too when I met Andy Alpern in Zfat (Safed), an
      old city in Israel that attracts loads of tourists:

      <http://www.levy.ch/060603zfat01.mov>
      <http://www.levy.ch/060603zfat02.mov>
      <http://www.levy.ch/060603zfat03.mov> (on this one you
      can see us in his art gallery - guess what he is
      selling :-))

      Yuv

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
        stevendowd2001 wrote:
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> On 13 Jul 2006, at 12:21, stevendowd2001 wrote:
        >>
        >>> just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
        >>> have taken while in Mallorca
        >>>
        >>> have uploaded them into here
        >>>
        >>> http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/

        http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/son-fomes-002.mov appears to have 2 cube
        faces that are greyed/preview versions.

        >>> not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
        >>> i already stitched
        >> Are these bracketed? The dynamic range captured seems to be quite
        >> high with all that direct sun. I especially like the first few ruins.
        >> Business or pleasure? Holiday I hope.
        >>

        >> Ian
        >>

        > Ian , sorry, i forgot to send one post to one list and the other stuff
        > to the other..
        >
        > :)
        >
        > anyway..
        >
        > no they are not bracketed, some time ago, i updated my 300d firmware
        > to a custom one i found on a japanese website, have a link to it
        > somewhere, it allows for ASA down to 50ASA and upto 3200ASA, ever
        > since i did that firmware change i seem to have gained a larger tonal
        > range,

        What other changes did it give you (a friend of a friend said he'd
        gotten a much higher continuous frame rate with something he'd done)?
        Do you still have the URL (I'd love to upgrade mine)?

        > maybe it was something else changed in the file i uploaded into my 300d
        >
        > they are 6 shots with a sigma 8mm and my trusty EOS 300d
        >
        > the ruins are a prehistoric archaeological dig, i think at a place
        > called son fome west of Palma. the circular tomb with the column was
        > so damn hot inside you could have cokked eggs on the camera.
        >
        > done some night pano's as well, will put those up later
        >

        > Steven Dowd

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • Lou
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
          Hi,
          I am not sure what has happened but the first two on the list just
          had one image. The third one did do the pan.

          What did you do to get this type of panorama? I have just been
          making prints with PTGui.

          Warm Regards,
          Lou
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

          At 11:21 AM 7/13/2006 +0000, you wrote:
          >just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
          >have taken while in Mallorca
          >
          >have uploaded them into here
          >
          >http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/
          >
          >not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
          >i already stitched
          >
          >btw, i just noticed the JS seems to have re=written his own version of
          >the [Panotools] troubles on panontools.info frontpage, seems he is
          >trying to make his actions look rosy , maybe thats more for Yahoo
          >admins which he suspects will check out his homepage due to his complaint
          >
          >whats happening about a group website, i have offered to host, i have
          >panotools.org.uk, i know bert has panotoolsng , i feel we need
          >something online, with a true history of the hassles.
          >
          >Steven Dowd

        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
            Hi Lou,

            I'm guessing that you are making mosaics of images in order to make one
            larger image. If so, then you're part way there. In order to make spherical
            images, you need to continue shooting all the way around. For this, a
            bracket can be very helpful to keep parallax from being a problem, although
            handheld can be done as well.

            There are several pano heads out there. The wiki had a reference page to
            that, so if/when it is available again, that would be a great place to
            start. I will be "formally" announcing the availability of my new version of
            the Pinnacle VR probably next week. There is one last component that hasn't
            been delivered yet, but all the other pieces are working together quite
            nicely. More news soon!

            Mark
            www.northernlight.net