Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Fisheye SLR Adapter

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2007
      On 29 Apr 2007 at 21:06, Luca Vascon wrote:

      > ?!?!?!
      > Raynox quality seems not SO high to me... 185pro has very poor borders!!
      > well, to sauy it all.. CRAP!
      > The sigma f4 is FAR better, if I had to work on few money I'd go for the
      > Peleng on a basic (non-nikon) DSLR.
      > Or, as a lightweight alternative, on a Nikon Coolpix FC-E8 fisheye (the
      > little one) on Canon A95-620-640, on Sony W1-w5-w7, on Olympus sp350, or
      > on Nikon Coolpix P5000.

      Well, I have been very happy with my Raynox 185Pro on an Olympus C-7070WZ.
      I don't know what exactly you mean by 'poor borders'? I do get som CA on the borders
      sometimes, and it does have quite a lot of flare, but the borders looks pretty sharp to
      me. But then I don't have much to compare it to...
      I believe that when using a conversion lens it depends a lot on the glass that is behind
      the conversion lens, as opposed to a Sigma, Peleng etc where all the glass is in the les
      itself..And the C7070 have good glass :)

      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D