CS3 Blending Action?

  • dtonnes
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2007
      Has anyone come up with an action to facilitate seamless layer blending of an
      equirect in Photoshop cs3?
    • dtonnes
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 29, 2007
        With the goal being a droplet for batch blending panos, I've tried making an
        action that:

        1. Duplicates the layered, unblended document
        ----Then on the duplicate document:
        2. Runs Eric Gerds' ShiftHalfWidth script
        3. Auto-Blends layers
        4. Merges layers
        5. Runs ShiftHalfWidth script again
        ----Then on the original document:
        6. Auto-Blends layers
        7. Inserts duplicate document on top of original document
        ---Then on the combined document:
        9. Erases the seam in the center
        10. Flattens document.

        It works if a stop is inserted after step 2, but problems arise when
        everything runs uninterrupted. There appears to be insufficient time for
        things to settle down after ShiftHalfWidth because auto-blend works on just
        a few layers, resulting in a mostly transparent document.

        Any ideas?

        Dave
      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
          Where I can find layer blending on CS3 beta???
          :-)
          Thanx!
          Luca.

          dtonnes ha scritto:

          > With the goal being a droplet for batch blending panos, I've tried
          > making an
          > action that:
          >
          > 1. Duplicates the layered, unblended document
          > ----Then on the duplicate document:
          > 2. Runs Eric Gerds' ShiftHalfWidth script
          > 3. Auto-Blends layers
          > 4. Merges layers
          > 5. Runs ShiftHalfWidth script again
          > ----Then on the original document:
          > 6. Auto-Blends layers
          > 7. Inserts duplicate document on top of original document
          > ---Then on the combined document:
          > 9. Erases the seam in the center
          > 10. Flattens document.
          >
          > It works if a stop is inserted after step 2, but problems arise when
          > everything runs uninterrupted. There appears to be insufficient time for
          > things to settle down after ShiftHalfWidth because auto-blend works on
          > just
          > a few layers, resulting in a mostly transparent document.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Dave

        • dtonnes
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
            Where I can find layer blending on CS3 beta???
            :-)
            Thanx!
            Luca.

            Hi Luca,

            Select -->All Layers
            Edit -->Auto-Blend Layers

            Maybe your CS3 beta doesn't have this function?

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
              dtonnes wrote:

              > Has anyone come up with an action to facilitate seamless layer blending of
              > an equirect in Photoshop cs3?

              Sorry, I promised to write something some month ago, but then had to
              discover that CS3 does not run on my windows 2000. And I won't find the time
              to upgrade until July or August.

              However, it should be easy to record an action if you follow the technique
              outlined in http://tinyurl.com/374mcw If someone wants to try I can provide
              the basic Javascript since I used something similar to avoid a visible seam
              if Shadows&Highlights is used...

              best regards
            • Andrey Ilyin
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                Unfortunately Eric's shift action doesn't work with CS3 :(
              • John Riley
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                  Eric's Shift Half Width Javascript works just fine for me in CS3
                  Beta. <http://www.pinlady.net/vr/#anchor5> I have made actions that
                  use it to autoblend, but they wouldn't necessarily be general enough
                  for just any old situation. Just record yourself doing what you need
                  to do and you should be in good shape.

                  John Riley
                  johnriley@...
                  jriley@...

                  On Apr 30, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Andrey Ilyin wrote:

                  > Unfortunately Eric's shift action doesn't work with CS3 :(

                • Eric O'Brien
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
                    If it really is a "timing" (process completion) issue, you might try
                    changing the Playback Options of Step 2 to "Step by Step." Or add a
                    pause for a certain number of seconds (same dialog).

                    eo

                    On Apr 29, 2007, at 6:01 PM, dtonnes wrote:

                    > With the goal being a droplet for batch blending panos, I've tried
                    > making an
                    > action that:
                    >
                    > 1. Duplicates the layered, unblended document
                    > ----Then on the duplicate document:
                    > 2. Runs Eric Gerds' ShiftHalfWidth script
                    > 3. Auto-Blends layers
                    > 4. Merges layers
                    > 5. Runs ShiftHalfWidth script again
                    > ----Then on the original document:
                    > 6. Auto-Blends layers
                    > 7. Inserts duplicate document on top of original document
                    > ---Then on the combined document:
                    > 9. Erases the seam in the center
                    > 10. Flattens document.
                    >
                    > It works if a stop is inserted after step 2, but problems arise when
                    > everything runs uninterrupted. There appears to be insufficient
                    > time for
                    > things to settle down after ShiftHalfWidth because auto-blend works
                    > on just
                    > a few layers, resulting in a mostly transparent document.
                    >
                    > Any ideas?
                    >
                    > Dave
                    > --
                  • Andrey Ilyin
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 1, 2007
                      yes, it is possible to record action, script is just more elegant
                      solution

                      I've uploaded screenshot with error message in the file section.

                      > Eric's Shift Half Width Javascript works just fine for me in CS3
                      > Beta. <http://www.pinlady.net/vr/#anchor5> I have made actions
                      that
                      > use it to autoblend, but they wouldn't necessarily be general
                      enough
                      > for just any old situation. Just record yourself doing what you
                      need
                      > to do and you should be in good shape.
                      >

                      > John Riley
                      > johnriley@...
                      > jriley@...

                    • dtonnes
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 1, 2007
                        Thanks Eric,

                        I've added a couple of seconds per your suggestion, now things are working.
                        I'll test it for a while then post the steps here.

                        Dave

                        Eric O wrote:

                        > If it really is a "timing" (process completion) issue, you might try
                        > changing the Playback Options of Step 2 to "Step by Step." Or add a
                        > pause for a certain number of seconds (same dialog).
                        >
                        > eo

                      • Andrei Bodrov
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 10, 2007
                          Hello all,

                          http://www.360pano.eu/bronze_soldier/

                          9th May, the World War II Victory Day. Citizens of Tallinn are
                          bringing flowers to the Bronze Soldier Monument.

                          The Bronze Soldier Monument was put at the Military Cemetery on April
                          28, 2007.

                          During the night of April 28, when police dispersed a crowd in Tallinn
                          and arrested over 300 people. The clashes started in Tallinn in the
                          night of April 27, when police dispersed a crowd protesting against
                          dismantling of the Bronze Soldier.

                          Unfortunately I was outside of Estonia during this events...

                          I was shoot panoramas at old monument place as well. Will publish it
                          later.

                          with best regards,
                          Andrei Bodrov