Re: Verein election

  • ingo kohwagner
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 2:22 AM
      Hi Kathy,

      i know this newsgroup since the times of Dersch, where it used to be a
      very collegial and informal newsgroup.

      For me all this member, owner and community stuff is far too political.

      why not keep it as a simple newsgroup as it used to be in the beginning?

      - just my opinion.

      IK

      _–

      Re: Verein election

      Posted by: "Kathy Wheeler" kathyw@... kwrinkling

      Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:39 am (PST)

      On 27/04/2007, at 6:51 PM, ingo kohwagner wrote:
      > i feel that i agree more to matt.
      > for what exactly is verein needed?

      For Ingo, Matt and all other new comers here is a very brief summary:

      The Verein is intended to secure the future of the PanotoolsNG group
      by placing what little control is required into the hands of a not
      for profit organisation rather than a loose group of individuals or
      (shudder) one unstable individual as has happened in the past. This
      way, this community is not at the mercy or whim of one or even a
      handful of individuals, but an elected organisation answerable to
      it's members.

      For the general member, nothing will change. For the community as a
      whole, it should ensure stability and continuity as long as the
      community wishes to exist.

      The full history of the group and the background behind the necessity
      for the Verein can be found here:
      http://wiki.panotools.org/PanoTools:History

      We ask you to respect the majority view of the group as expressed
      strongly in the past to take all further discussion of these
      political matters to Panotoold-List:

      Thank you and regards,
      KathyW,
      Co-owner / Moderator, PanotoolsNG.