Quick-release plate for Nikon d70s on a Nodal Ninja?

  • stevenkan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
      I bought a Nodal Ninja awhile back for my D70s + Nikkor 10.5mm, and I'm
      just atarting to play around with it.

      I'm having trouble positioning my camera repeatably on the rotator arm,
      especially when I'm in a hurry.

      Can anyone recommend a quick-release plate that works will with the NN,
      so that I can just fix the position and leave the plate attached?
    • s58894
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "stevenkan" <steven@...> wrote:

        > I bought a Nodal Ninja awhile back for my D70s + Nikkor 10.5mm, and I'm
        > just atarting to play around with it.
        >
        > I'm having trouble positioning my camera repeatably on the rotator arm,
        > especially when I'm in a hurry.
        >
        > Can anyone recommend a quick-release plate that works will with the NN,
        > so that I can just fix the position and leave the plate attached?

        You can use the Manfrotto 323 or the Velbon QR Adapter (QR-667L).
        Either one of those will work.

        Best Regards,

        Gus
      • Flemming V. Larsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2006
          I had the same idea, and I had a Manfrotto 323 laying around. It has a
          lock that goes a bit down/back, so I had to saw off some of the NN3
          arm. No big deal really as it is made out of aluminium - and the
          slicing actally helps keeping the plate in place.

          Here is a fast picture
          www.fvlmedia.dk/temp/cutnn.jpg

          - Flemming