Candid effects -- shifting pupils

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
      This
      http://www.mediavr.com/anzac2007.htm
      I was pretty happy with except the photographer with the Canon was
      looking straight at me. So I moved his pupils a bit so now he is
      supposed to be looking at the main subject. Usually I cant get this to
      work -- as the person doing the looking usually has their head pointed
      straight at you too -- which is a giveaway. But here I am sort of in
      line with the main subject so it is not too bad. He looks a little
      cross-eyed but it definitely looks more candid than the original! I am
      crouched at the base of a short monopod using a camera rotator in
      stop/start mode.

      Peter
    • Milko Amorth
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2007
        Hi Peter,
        Great VRdocu pano.

        > He looks a little
        > cross-eyed but it definitely looks more candid than the original!

        I would love to see that one. Did you ask him if he took an image of you
        doing your thing? He propably freaked out when he saw you.....what the
        hey...is he doing?
        Love to see that as well.

        I as well have had my share of looks from people and some responses are
        really funny, some are not.

        Like the one I took recently:
        I was walking along that little street in a quiet neighborhood with a
        hipod on my shoulder seeking the best position to stick it up. It was
        garbage pickup day that day and a lot of bins at the curb, not so nice. So
        I had to seek a little harder to find a spot with as liitle bins and bags
        to edit out later. People walking by did not ask me anything at all, but
        by their look on their faces i could tell what they must be thinking. Well
        I finally got my shot done and as I pull in my hipod, a police cruiser
        comes rolling in! Quiet neighborhood street patrolling in the middle of
        the day? The checked me out just looking at me real close while almost
        pushing ther car by. Then I saw them doing another block move and I knew
        the will come again. Sure thing, as I set up another node in the middle of
        the intersection (very little traffic) I saw them out of the corner of my
        eyes parked up the street and looking at me. I would have loved to take an
        image of that look. But I think I would have been asking too much.....
        Here is the link:

        http://www.vrcanada.ca/

        I just might have to set up a candid camera sometime....just for the fun
        of it.

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko Amorth