Re: Pentax Photo Lab 3.0 (silkypix engine) free for istD-series user

  • orlandofoto2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2006
      Thanks for the info Mike,

      I never use Pentax Photolab, it is a very basic application. I hope this new version really
      works as it should and we can skip one step of corections in other software like
      Photoshop,

      best regards,

      Orlando

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, mike@... wrote:

      > Anybody around here using a Pentax *istD/S/L and the Pentax Photolab 1/2 (used to
      develop RAW images)? I think, I counted at least 2 or 3 "WWP-Garden" panorames that
      were taken with a Pentax.

      > Pentax Japan announced today that the new Pentax Photolab 3.0 (based on the engine of
      Silkypix) will be available for free download for Pentax *istD-Series owners on August 8th..
      > http://tinyurl.com/qz63w
      >
      > This maybe interesting for panorama photographs since the new Lab will be able to:
      > - correct CA
      > - correct Vignetting
      > - inhabits noise reduction
      >
      > If you're using e.g. a Sigma 8mm, a Pentax istD/S/L and the Pentax Lab this might be a
      step or two less to develop a panorama?!