RE: [PanoToolsNG] D200 auto and/or manual bracketing 10 or more stops apart?

  • Peter Sale
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2007
      Great panos Robert. Makes me want to pack up and vacation in Hawaii at the
      Westin Bonaventure. These are exactly the sort of Hi Dynamic range panos
      that I would like to produce for my real estate listings. I will also read
      up on Jook Leung's "HDR for dummies II." Thanks again.

      -
      Regards,
      Peter Sale
      Santa Monica, CA USA

      ---------
      On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:15 PM, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

      Hi Peter
      I use the auto bracket on my D200 for almost every pano. The D200 will
      shoot 3,5 or 9 shots in auto bracket with a max of 1 stop beween
      exposures. So for 2 stops I use 5 shots. It may seem like a lot but
      with a 2 gig card and raw-compressed set I can get 200 shots per card.
      I use only the median shot and the +/-2 stops shots to use with some
      form of HDR processing. Some shoots I use only an under exposed shot
      and an over exposed shot to process.

      For HDR processing I use Photomatix Pro some and Jook Leungs photoshop
      action "HDR for dummies II" quite a bit.

      Check out http://www.rcfisher.com/westin/westinhotels.html the Aloha
      Mixed plate had a lot of HDR work since the shade was black and the
      sunny parts were way over median exp. I think I shot 9 exposures auto
      bracket and mixed and matched to get a decent dynamic range. The Westin
      Bonaventuure and Museum of Contemporary Art also had HDR work.

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      QTVR Photography/Cinematography
      www.rcfisher.com