Re: "Out of Focus" segments with PTGUI

  • dalileis
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 23, 2007
      Thanks, Carl, Ian, everyone.

      So to summarize: it's not an out of focus issue. It's Sigma 8mm image
      quality at the "stretched" ends that is doing this. But the difference
      is just huge sometimes, as in the example I've uploaded, although one
      technically does everything correct.

      Wonder if this problem is as extreme in same sorts of cases with the
      new Sigma 8mm F3.5.

      It's not a Nikon metrix thing either. It's not used in manual mode,
      although the RAW (NEF) image properties show it as being used, active,
      whatever you wanna call it.

      As Mike mentioned it should certainly NOT be used in manual mode, one
      would expect that. The darker image is probably just Sigmas light
      fall-off which is easily corrected in Camera Raw, but the whole bloody
      image seems darker, when I look at it now, and it shouldn't be, as it
      was taken indoors, with absolutely constant light from all directions,
      all manual. Not just at the circle ends. Well... I'll just keep on
      looking for a 100% answers, and share it here when I find them.