yet another indoor pano - please comment

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
      http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02.html (DevalVR)
      http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02_QT.html (QuickTime)

      feedback much appreciated.

      Dorin
    • Juergen Schrader
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
        Looks well crafted and has a certain "exotic" touch because of the
        mixture of that old eastern furnishing and decoration and those
        modern ceilings with halogen lights. Not to mention the blue circle
        over the bed and the icon on the shelf.
        I wonder which kind of interior that is. It looks all so clean and
        untouched.

        I'm not sure if that is what you wanted to hear but that is what came
        to my mind when examining this picture ;)

        Cheers
        Jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

        > http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02.html (DevalVR)
        > http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02_QT.html (QuickTime)
        >
        > feedback much appreciated.
        >
        > Dorin

      • dalileis
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
          Bravo. Beautiful and interesting. Quality is killing. This has just
          got to be multirow, not even 10.5 on a D200 can provide material for
          something like this. What did you use, if it's not a secret? :o)
        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
            Thanks Jürgen for comments, I hope that I managed a bit to transport
            you there. That is my goal.

            Is a living place, the host there did the decoration (or better say
            coordonate the proceess) Was a pleasure to do panos in such place.
            My only regret now is that I must have taked an extra 3D/anaglyph
            pano in that place.
            But first next indoor like that will have also 3D option as well.

            Dorin

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>
            wrote:

            > Looks well crafted and has a certain "exotic" touch because of the
            > mixture of that old eastern furnishing and decoration and those
            > modern ceilings with halogen lights. Not to mention the blue circle
            > over the bed and the icon on the shelf.
            > I wonder which kind of interior that is. It looks all so clean and
            > untouched.
            >
            > I'm not sure if that is what you wanted to hear but that is what
            came
            > to my mind when examining this picture ;)
            >
            > Cheers
            > Jürgen

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@> wrote:
            > >
            > > http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02.html (DevalVR)
            > > http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02_QT.html (QuickTime)
            > >
            > > feedback much appreciated.
            > >
            > > Dorin

          • dorindxn
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
              Yeah, you got me on this, I can hide that can I?..
              I use the best camera and the best lens in the world :)

              No really.. is interesting how your camera whatever his name is become
              the best after you work with it a while.

              O course is multirow 38 photos (3 rows x 12 +T+B) AEB (bracketed 0,+-
              2EV) that mean all times 3 in rest as usual mirror lokup, remote (to
              have less pixel shift for HDR...

              Difficult light appliance encountered there, maybe that thing I will
              done better next time.

              And yes, before I call may setup "the best" their name was:

              Camera: Canon 350D
              Lens: 18-55mmm kit lens (@18mm)
              Tripod: Giottos VT-809
              Panohead: NN3
              Remote: selfmade
              Software: Pano2QTVR, Hugin, AEB merged with selfmade software (nothing
              special could be done with other handy software)

              Dorin

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dalileis" <qtvrbiro@...> wrote:

              > Bravo. Beautiful and interesting. Quality is killing. This has just
              > got to be multirow, not even 10.5 on a D200 can provide material for
              > something like this. What did you use, if it's not a secret? :o)

            • Karol Kwiatek
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
                Dorin,

                my congratulations, wonderful panorama of the interior!
                Please provide us also you anaglyph panorama.
                I am also interested how did you do 3D pano.

                Karol
                http://www.kwiatek.krakow.pl/index_eng.htm - my basic 3D panos created
                two years ago

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Jürgen for comments, I hope that I managed a bit to transport
                > you there. That is my goal.
                >
                > Is a living place, the host there did the decoration (or better say
                > coordonate the proceess) Was a pleasure to do panos in such place.
                > My only regret now is that I must have taked an extra 3D/anaglyph
                > pano in that place.
                > But first next indoor like that will have also 3D option as well.
                >
                > Dorin
                >

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Looks well crafted and has a certain "exotic" touch because of the
                > > mixture of that old eastern furnishing and decoration and those
                > > modern ceilings with halogen lights. Not to mention the blue circle
                > > over the bed and the icon on the shelf.
                > > I wonder which kind of interior that is. It looks all so clean and
                > > untouched.
                > >
                > > I'm not sure if that is what you wanted to hear but that is what
                > came
                > > to my mind when examining this picture ;)
                > >
                > > Cheers
                > > Jürgen
                >

                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02.html (DevalVR)
                > > > http://www.dxn.ro/indoorHateg02_QT.html (QuickTime)
                > > >
                > > > feedback much appreciated.
                > > >
                > > > Dorin

              • dorindxn
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 24, 2007
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Karol Kwiatek" <k_kwiatek@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Dorin,
                  >
                  > my congratulations, wonderful panorama of the interior!
                  > Please provide us also you anaglyph panorama.
                  > I am also interested how did you do 3D pano.
                  >
                  > Karol
                  > http://www.kwiatek.krakow.pl/index_eng.htm - my basic 3D panos
                  created
                  > two years ago

                  Hi Karol, thanks for the kind words,

                  For the next pano of a beautiful indoor I intend to do a 3D pano
                  using
                  same thechnique as used for
                  http://www.dxn.ro/anaglyph1.html (DevalVR)
                  http://www.dxn.ro/anaglyph1_QT.html (QuickTime)
                  and
                  http://www.dxn.ro/anaglyph2.html (DevalVR)
                  http://www.dxn.ro/anaglyph2_QT.html (QuickTime)

                  I hope to obtain better results indoor

                  I described my techique in a panoramic forum, but because of my bad
                  English, I reproduce here the description putted in right words by
                  John Houghton, which was also very kind to do his own tests:

                  "
                  The technique that Dorin described is simple. What you really want is
                  two cameras separated by 6cm pointing forwards in parallel
                  directions. You then rotate the two cameras together as a single unit
                  about the centre of the line joining the entrance pupils. What Dorin
                  suggested is to dispense with one of the cameras and take one set of
                  photos with the camera shifted laterally by 3cm from its
                  normal position. Now rotate the camera 180 degrees about the upper
                  horizontal axis and take a second set of images. In this
                  configuration, the camera behaves like a second camera 6cm to the
                  side of the first
                  "

                  I used Nodal Ninja 3 with t-adapter mounted on lower rail as in the
                  next image (you need a detent ring as a spacer on knob which fixes t-
                  adapter on lower rail)

                  http://www.dxn.ro/NN3/battery.jpg

                  in that way camera Canon 350D with 18-55 kit lens can do complete
                  rotations about upper horisontal axis, thechnique used was multirow
                  38 photos for each left/righ pano.

                  Mainly, the workflow can be divided in two
                  1. Taking the photos as in method described, and stitching as
                  separate two panos
                  2. Align the panos and process them to obtain final anaglyph.

                  While first point, I think, is pretty clear and no need to be
                  changed, second point can be done in couple of ways.

                  I used this way (Hugin) :
                  I aligned the right(eye) pano by asign manually control points on
                  left and right pano on distant from camera features and optimise only
                  y,p,r for right, then to apply +0.4 degrees shift on yaw for right
                  pano (image) and producing the new aligned right equirect pano

                  Dorin