Re: Tokina sunshield trimming ...

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 23, 2007
      Hello Tokina fans club,

      Just a quick word to say that, when I first bought this excellente
      lens as a Xmas present to myself,(please don't tell her indoors!!)to
      use with the Canon 350D (no need to shave here), I was using it with
      a focus of 10mm and aperture f22 to be able to get nice sharp pin
      panos. The result of this can be seen in the panoramas of the York
      Minster and Cliford Tower on my web site on the Miscellaneous page.
      Some of you very kindly suggested to use f8 as it will be sharper
      than f22, and John Houghton sent me the proof of it, on a photo of
      the same subject side by side at f22 and f8 and the result was clear
      to see. For my latest entry to the WWpano I used f8 and definately
      were sharper than f22; but at f11 the panoramas are really pin sharp
      and this can be seen on my latest Front Elevation left hand side of
      the York Minster.
      http://www.alarcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous.h
      tm .
      For this panorama I took a set of 6 round + zenith and nadir in RAW
      format, each set bracketed at 0,+2-2 and tried to use the same
      tecnhique using FDRtools and CS2 merge to HDR the results were
      disapointed I though that I have lost that shooting session as I
      used AdobeRGB instead of sRGB on the camera, maybe nothing to do
      with it.
      Then I saw Erik's Barcelona panoramas and he suggested to use the
      DRI plugin for CS2 which I did and this is the result. Anybody
      wanting to visit the Park next to the Minster now can get the
      opening times from my pano, that's how sharp it is.

      Any comments will be welcome. Sorry about the long winded message,

      Kind regards,

      Rodrigo