Re: Arsat (Zodiak) Lens for Panos

  • Sven Hafner
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
      hi,
      I have a Pentacon Six with 50,80,120,180mm lenses and I use them
      occasionally with my 1Ds. Since these lenses are made to cover 120
      film, you will use only the center (more or less) of the lens on a
      24x36 sensor. I find it sharp and without distortion, at least the
      50mm. and its great glass from former GDR ;-)
      It can compete with L lenses (not with the weight..)
      cheers

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Luca Vascon <crimsonkingit@...> wrote:

      > while I can understand it on a Pentacon6, better an Exacta66.... I
      think
      > there is no clue to use it on an 1Ds.
      > You can buy really cheap the 24mm Canon, that is a GOOD lens.
      > :-)
      >
      > Sven Hafner ha scritto:
      > >
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Roger D. Williams"
      > > <roger@> wrote:

      > > > Hi Sven,
      > > >
      > > > I bought this lens with an Arax 6x6 SLR (an upgraded Kiev 88)
      and was
      > > > delighted with its performance in a few trial shots. It was subject
      > > > to a little flare, but its overall performance was fine, and I felt
      > > > it would have made a great film-based panorama lens--three shots
      > > > would have given all round coverage although with maybe too little
      > > > overlap to deal with doppelgangers easily. I was sure four shots
      > > > would have been very easy to work with.
      > > >
      > > > Unfortunately, something came loose inside the lens within a few
      days
      > > > of trying it out, and rather than send it back to the Ukraine I
      > > > tried to mend it myself. Disaster! Now it is unusable, and I've
      never
      > > > got around to sending it back.
      > > >
      > > > The guy who sold it was perfectly willing to repair it, and has a
      > > > reputation for good work at reasonable prices, but by this time
      I was