Re: [PanoToolsNG] Pole panos - which pole to buy?

  • Jook Leung
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 3, 2007
      My Agnos carbon fiber pole arrived a few days ago. I haven't put a
      camera on it yet but plan to take it with me on a job next week. The
      maddening thing with agnos is their products come with no
      instructions. I have found sparse or no documentation on their wesite.

      It took me awhile to realize these were the stackable design and not
      telescoping. Carbon tubes are very thin, rigid but edges are sharp!
      Damage to the ends is possible if they hit the ground. There are 5 -
      roughly 5 foot sections that ship inside the 6th largest tube...so
      you can get about 30 feet of height. Stacking this onto a monopod
      atop a tripod is possible.

      A major problem I see at the moment is the method of mounting a
      camera atop each section which is only held in place by gravity and
      some friction! There is no screw-on threads or pin-in-hole system for
      the camera mount in this design.???

      Maybe someone more experienced or Luca V. can explain further.

      Jook

      On Apr 3, 2007, at 3:42 PM, hoylekoontz wrote:

      > I've finally gotten a project that will likely require a few panos to
      > be shot via a pole, so I'm now doing research to find the best
      > solution.
      >
      > With this initial project, it's likely that I won't have any wind to
      > deal with because it will be inside a building with a tall open space
      > where the panos will be photographed. I would like a pole that could
      > deal with some wind though for future use. I'll be shooting with a
      > D200 and either the Sigma 8mm f3.5 or the Nikkor 10.5mm.
      >
      > I've seen previous posts last September about the Agnos poles and a
      > Mr. Longarm pole ,which can be purchased at local hardware stores.
      > Are there other poles to consider?
      >
      > Thanks for any advice in advance.
      >
      > Hoyle

      Jook Leung Photography
      360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
      Web: http://360vr.com
      E-mail: jook@...
      Mobile: 201 679 6177

    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
        Hi...
        I've got the telescope version and the stackable one. In the telescopic
        a drop of glue holds the cameraholder in place (strong bicomponent glue)
        in the carbon stackable it is not possible, due to the way you have to
        unmount it...
        In my own one I drilled an hole and put a pin in it, it is hold in place
        by a metal U shaped spring, like the ones you use to keep in place lexan
        bodies in RC nitro cars. At that time I told Agnos to modify like that
        any further stack pole...
        ...I think he forgot the thing (he is the one-man-band of the company,
        he is usually very clever but really buisy)
        If you do it on your own, remember to TAPE tha carbon fiber before drilling!
        :-)
        P.S. send a mail to him too!

        Jook Leung ha scritto:

        > My Agnos carbon fiber pole arrived a few days ago. I haven't put a
        > camera on it yet but plan to take it with me on a job next week. The
        > maddening thing with agnos is their products come with no
        > instructions. I have found sparse or no documentation on their wesite.
        >
        > It took me awhile to realize these were the stackable design and not
        > telescoping. Carbon tubes are very thin, rigid but edges are sharp!
        > Damage to the ends is possible if they hit the ground. There are 5 -
        > roughly 5 foot sections that ship inside the 6th largest tube...so
        > you can get about 30 feet of height. Stacking this onto a monopod
        > atop a tripod is possible.
        >
        > A major problem I see at the moment is the method of mounting a
        > camera atop each section which is only held in place by gravity and
        > some friction! There is no screw-on threads or pin-in-hole system for
        > the camera mount in this design.???
        >
        > Maybe someone more experienced or Luca V. can explain further.
        >
        > Jook
        >
        > On Apr 3, 2007, at 3:42 PM, hoylekoontz wrote:
        >
        > > I've finally gotten a project that will likely require a few panos to
        > > be shot via a pole, so I'm now doing research to find the best
        > > solution.
        > >
        > > With this initial project, it's likely that I won't have any wind to
        > > deal with because it will be inside a building with a tall open space
        > > where the panos will be photographed. I would like a pole that could
        > > deal with some wind though for future use. I'll be shooting with a
        > > D200 and either the Sigma 8mm f3.5 or the Nikkor 10.5mm.
        > >
        > > I've seen previous posts last September about the Agnos poles and a
        > > Mr. Longarm pole ,which can be purchased at local hardware stores.
        > > Are there other poles to consider?
        > >
        > > Thanks for any advice in advance.
        > >
        > > Hoyle
        > >

        > Jook Leung Photography
        > 360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
        > Web: http://360vr.com <http://360vr.com>
        > E-mail: jook@... <mailto:jook%40360vr.com>
        > Mobile: 201 679 6177

      • Luca Vascon
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
          WARNING!!!
          DO NOT DRILL HOLES IN THR CARBON FIBER
          I did the hole in a non-carbon one, using tape not to damage the thing!
          The carbon cane cannot be drilled, it is a risk of damage...
          I realized I've the other stackable fiber one.
          :-O
          Agnos told me some minutes ago, he didn't that hole cause it could damage the end of poles...
          and that I did a wrong thing on my own one also!
          The carbon fiber pole is lighter, more rigid and cool... but it has some drawback in being more fragile.
          And I'd suggest some black electric tape or ducttape to hold the camera mounting...

          Luca.

          My Agnos carbon fiber pole arrived a few days ago. I haven't put a
          camera on it yet but plan to take it with me on a job next week. The
          maddening thing with agnos is their products come with no
          instructions. I have found sparse or no documentation on their wesite.

          It took me awhile to realize these were the stackable design and not
          telescoping. Carbon tubes are very thin, rigid but edges are sharp!
          Damage to the ends is possible if they hit the ground. There are 5 -
          roughly 5 foot sections that ship inside the 6th largest tube...so
          you can get about 30 feet of height. Stacking this onto a monopod
          atop a tripod is possible.

          A major problem I see at the moment is the method of mounting a
          camera atop each section which is only held in place by gravity and
          some friction! There is no screw-on threads or pin-in-hole system for
          the camera mount in this design.???

          Maybe someone more experienced or Luca V. can explain further.

          Jook

          On Apr 3, 2007, at 3:42 PM, hoylekoontz wrote:

          > I've finally gotten a project that will likely require a few panos to
          > be shot via a pole, so I'm now doing research to find the best
          > solution.
          >
          > With this initial project, it's likely that I won't have any wind to
          > deal with because it will be inside a building with a tall open space
          > where the panos will be photographed. I would like a pole that could
          > deal with some wind though for future use. I'll be shooting with a
          > D200 and either the Sigma 8mm f3.5 or the Nikkor 10.5mm.
          >
          > I've seen previous posts last September about the Agnos poles and a
          > Mr. Longarm pole ,which can be purchased at local hardware stores.
          > Are there other poles to consider?
          >
          > Thanks for any advice in advance.
          >
          > Hoyle

          Jook Leung Photography
          360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
          Web: http://360vr.com
          E-mail: jook@...
          Mobile: 201 679 6177

        • Carel
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
            Luca Vascon wrote:

            > Hi...
            > I've got the telescope version and the stackable one.

            Hi Luca,
            I have the telescoping pole. What do you do with the little plastic pins? I
            keep loosing them and find it difficult to insert them while holding up the
            camera/pole. Both types of poles are not easy to set up with just one
            person.
            With the telescoping pole one has to use it at full hight, because there is
            too much play between the sections that are not extended. I have tried using
            pieces of wood as spacers when not fully extended, but then you have even
            more things to loose, while standing there, holding up the camera/pole.

            I am now going to make two braces that clamp the pole to the *side*
            (parallel) of my tripod's center pole. That should make everything a bit
            more stable. The pole would be resting on the ground and the braces will
            allow the pole to turn, until I feel safe about my motorized pano head. The
            motor works, but I dont trust my current construction 6m up in the air, so
            still turning the pole by hand.

            Carel
          • Carel
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
              Luca Vascon wrote:

              > Hi...
              > I've got the telescope version and the stackable one.

              Hi Luca,
              I have the telescoping pole. What do you do with the little plastic pins? I
              keep loosing them and find it difficult to insert them while holding up the
              camera/pole. Both types of poles are not easy to set up with just one
              person.
              With the telescoping pole one has to use it at full hight, because there is
              too much play between the sections that are not extended. I have tried using
              pieces of wood as spacers when not fully extended, but then you have even
              more things to loose, while standing there, holding up the camera/pole.

              I am now going to make two braces that clamp the pole to the *side*
              (parallel) of my tripod's center pole. That should make everything a bit
              more stable. The pole would be resting on the ground and the braces will
              allow the pole to turn, until I feel safe about my motorized pano head. The
              motor works, but I dont trust my current construction 6m up in the air, so
              still turning the pole by hand.

              Carel
            • Carel Struycken
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                <quote author='Luca Vascon'>
                Hi...
                I've got the telescope version and the stackable one.
                </quote>

[...]

              • spacecowboy360
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                  One great solution to this suggested recently was to use a old
                  windsurfing mast. Very sturdy and most are in two pieces. A mount
                  can easily be attached to the top. I have one in my basement and I
                  intend to use it before long.

                  SpaceC -- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hoylekoontz" <hkoontz@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I've finally gotten a project that will likely require a few panos to
                  > be shot via a pole, so I'm now doing research to find the best
                  solution.

                  > With this initial project, it's likely that I won't have any wind to
                  > deal with because it will be inside a building with a tall open space
                  > where the panos will be photographed. I would like a pole that could
                  > deal with some wind though for future use. I'll be shooting with a
                  > D200 and either the Sigma 8mm f3.5 or the Nikkor 10.5mm.
                  >
                  > I've seen previous posts last September about the Agnos poles and a
                  > Mr. Longarm pole ,which can be purchased at local hardware stores.
                  > Are there other poles to consider?
                  >
                  > Thanks for any advice in advance.
                  >
                  > Hoyle

                • Luca Vascon
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                    I'm currently using it with adhesive tape (it is a pre-serie). I always used
                    it alone, so..
                    I just screw the camera in place, extract the section and "screw" it tight,
                    one turn and half of tape, and go.
                    Otherwise I'd choose those metal clips that are used to keep lexan bodies on
                    RC cars. Unfortunately they are difficult to find here, in the right
                    dimensions...
                    More often I do not use it full lenght.... and I rotate the extracted
                    section of "circa" 90 degrees. Or I keep the thing together with an hand.
                    We are working around a series of cups to insert between the unfolded
                    sections.
                    Even if... When I plan to shoot simply overheads I prefer to use a modified
                    monopod (I think you would find it useful as "normal" monopod) that brings
                    the camera a bit over 2meters.
                    Then I tried to stack 2 monopods, I'll post something more precise about
                    it!!! to reach 3meters circa. I tend to use the Agnos poles in full
                    extent....

                    So, Carel, any idea is welcome, so are welcome the critics like yours, cause
                    they allow improvements.
                    Many ideas we had (Martino usually thinks a lot before investing in a new
                    product) were good but not appliable for market reasons. But they can be
                    applied if the customer can do a little bricolage... If you can find a
                    right replacement for those pins, please share... even if you selfbuild
                    them. Even if he can't apply the solution for cost or market reasons, maybe
                    you can help others

                    Agnos pole are a good compromise, but yet a compromise.
                    Ideal would be telescopic aluminium or carbonium, gitzo-like closings (I
                    hate them!) with compact size of 60-70 cm, extanded size of 6m.
                    It would mean 10 section, lack of rigidity, foolish costs, high weight,
                    enormous large section...
                    :-((((

                    In our field many many things are done "for the first time" So are high
                    poles... :-)

                    >> I've got the telescope version and the stackable one.
                    >>

                    > Hi Luca,
                    > I have the telescoping pole. What do you do with the little plastic pins?
                    > keep loosing them and find it difficult to insert them while holding up
                    > the
                    > camera/pole. Both types of poles are not easy to set up with just one
                    > person.
                    > With the telescoping pole one has to use it at full hight, because there
                    > is
                    > too much play between the sections that are not extended. I have tried
                    > using
                    > pieces of wood as spacers when not fully extended, but then you have even
                    > more things to loose, while standing there, holding up the camera/pole.
                    >
                    > I am now going to make two braces that clamp the pole to the *side*
                    > (parallel) of my tripod's center pole. That should make everything a bit
                    > more stable. The pole would be resting on the ground and the braces will
                    > allow the pole to turn, until I feel safe about my motorized pano head.
                    > The
                    > motor works, but I dont trust my current construction 6m up in the air, so
                    > still turning the pole by hand.
                    >
                    > Carel

                  • panovrx
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

                      > hoylekoontz wrote:
                      > > Are there other poles to consider?
                      >
                      > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
                      O=6324&A=details&Q=&sku=162693&is=REG

                      this is the one I use for most of my pole panos -- after discarding
                      the legs

                      I have modified it with a rapid adapter screwed at the base, and then
                      it will lock quickly into a large Manfrotto ball head which is in
                      turn attached to a disk about 20cm in diameter -- which sits on the
                      ground. Also I have added a bubble level at eye height

                      the ball head I use is good because I can kick the tightening lever
                      with my foot to loosen/tighten it

                      what I like about the Manfrotto light stand centre columns for poles
                      is that you can put them up to maximum height very quickly and
                      securely from a vertical starting position ie. in the middle of a
                      crowd for instance. Also they are very rigid. There is a spring
                      inside the bottom section which is a safety measure for overly rapid
                      compacting.

                      Main drawback with them is they are heavier than they need to be for
                      some situations and they dont compact very small.

                      For mobile pole pano purposes I bought a Rode microphone boom pole
                      recently -- this doesnt tighten enough to be ideal for a heavy
                      camera, but I modified it with a short foot, so I can stand on that
                      and just pull the pole with the camera on it up to full height in a
                      couple of seconds. And pull it back down as quickly Like a stretchy
                      pole! When compressed and inverted - with the foot attached - it
                      looks like a small harmless black walking stick with a hand grip. Ive
                      reinforced the section twist
                      locks with plumbers tape and gaffered them in position so the joints
                      maintain their friction settings. It only goes up to 3m.

                      Peter
                      http://www.mediavr.com/blog
                    • Stuart Milne
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                        For those of you in the UK;

                        Funnily enough I was walking around B&Q (a hardware store for those worldwide) 3 days ago looking for special screws and saw a decorators pole, 5m extension, 3 sections. Extruded alumium /w/ plastic twist locks.... for the bargainous price of £14.98 !!!! I had to pick one up :-)

                        I plan to make a thread attachment at the top so I can affix an adjuste panohead on there, and put my camera with -15deg tilt, and set the 'nodal' point to actually centre the CoG of the assembly.

                        In use, I can reach the top of the pole when all sections are retratcted, set the camera up etc. Then undo the screw, raise the section, and lock it out. (repeat for next section). Rotation will be a rather lo-tech 'spin the pole'. I think that with angular measuments on the pole (sticker + pen), and large overlap (say 8 -shot nikon 10.5 portrait) you will easily get usable results.

                        Disregarding the panohead, I think this will give me a 1-man useable pole rig for about £21!!!!

                        (I'll make the thread adaptor myself, £1 ally ;-) and ebay for a remote shutter release to butcher by adding 3m of wire).

                        If it works well, I'm sure we could make the thread adaptor for others without access to a machine shop - I'll let you know how I get on (probably take a month or so to get around to this).

                        Kindest,

                        Stu@360P

                      • bigwade
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                          Hi,
                          Try this:
                          http://www.thomann.de/de/manfrotto_269hdbu_super_giant_stand_blck.htm
                          You have to order a 019 Cineadapter too.
                          It works !
                          http://www.lookaround.nl/images/outdoor/4,5m.mov
                          was a test in Jan.2007, bad weather.
                          Other info at:
                          http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Poleposition/Poleposition.html

                          Does this helps ?
                          Have fun
                          Frank
                        • Martin Hrdlicka
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                            Hi,
                            I am satisfied with my Agnos pole.
                            Have a look:
                            http://www.mh360.com/vertigotest/
                            http://www.mh360.com/firstpole/
                            http://www.mh360.com/poletest/
                            and litlle more on www.panorama360.cz.

                            Martin
                          • Yuval Levy
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                              hoylekoontz wrote:
                              >> Gilles Vidal has shown some beautiful panoramas from the height of one
                              >> of these Manfrottos:
                              >> <http://www.gillesvidal.com/capitole%5B1%5D.htm>
                              >>

                              > This looks higher than 13 feet to me based on eye-balling the size of
                              > the umbrellas. Perhaps he's created an extension or perhaps I can't
                              > judge height that well!?!

                              There are so many of these Manfrottos, I just linked the one that looked
                              reasonably priced. I don't recall the exact model that Gilles used.

                              Yuv

                              --
                              Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
                              Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup
                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 4, 2007
                                > There are so many of these Manfrottos, I just linked the one that looked
                                > reasonably priced. I don't recall the exact model that Gilles used.

                                it's a Manfrotto296HDBU, about 240-400 EU in Europe
                                http://www.thomann.de/de/manfrotto_269hdbu_super_giant_stand_blck.htm is a good one!
                                Goes to 7,3 m and with an extension higher. (10-11m)
                                One of the legs is adjustable.
                                About 10Kilo heavy and I bought a golftrolley ( 30Euro) to transport this Giant.
                                Looks very dangerous, walking with it.... :-))
                                Don't forget to order a 019Cine adapter too. (to mount your camera)
                                Have Fun
                                Frank
                              • Bernd
                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 5, 2007
                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "spacecowboy360"
                                  <spacecowboy360@...> wrote:

                                  > One great solution to this suggested recently was to use a old
                                  > windsurfing mast. Very sturdy and most are in two pieces. A mount
                                  > can easily be attached to the top.

                                  Yes,
                                  that is my homemade pole idea
                                  http://www.360bilder.de/eng/e_hochstativ.html

                                  ...and it works well ;-)
                                  http://www.360bilder.de/html/vrqt_hafentheater.htm

                                  Best from Hamburg
                                  Bernd
                                • David Gibson
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 5, 2007
                                    I've been using the skypod from Studio 1 productions. Not expensive, sturdy
                                    aluminum telescoping pole with a camera mount. The camera mount is solid but
                                    not easy to adjust. The pole extends to about 10'. I use it with my Nikon
                                    D50 / 10.5mm (light weight), triggering it with the Nikon remote control.
                                    ($25).
                                    I take 8 shots using a cross on the ground to align the compas points. For
                                    vertical I use a plumb line attached to the monopod at the first section.
                                    Studio 1 Productions -
                                    skypod $129

                                    http://www.studio1productions.com/

                                    Dave

                                    http://www.etpanorama.com

                                  • oldfbii
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 10, 2007
                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hoylekoontz" <hkoontz@...> wrote:
                                      > I've seen previous posts last September about the Agnos poles and a
                                      > Mr. Longarm pole ,which can be purchased at local hardware stores.
                                      > Are there other poles to consider?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks for any advice in advance.
                                      >
                                      > Hoyle

                                      When I first saw this post it started me thinking about trying to use
                                      a pole myself. Which brought up the question of how to hit the shutter
                                      release. So I found this a ebay, ordered it and it arrived in two days
                                      - Hong Kong to the West Coast of the US. Works great - (I suspect most
                                      of you already know about this) But for $39 it is a steal.

                                      Fritz

                                      http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Shutter-Release-Combo-for-Nikon-D200-D100-D2H_W0QQitemZ170100610752QQihZ007QQcategoryZ64345QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
                                    • Keith Martin
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 11, 2007
                                        Sometime around 11/4/07 (at 02:55 +0000) oldfbii said:

                                        >I found this a ebay, ordered it and it arrived in two days
                                        >- Hong Kong to the West Coast of the US. Works great

                                        Hi Fritz - that does look good.

                                        I had one general question about the fitting of the remote plug and
                                        socket in the camera. I just bought a cheap wired remote for my new
                                        Fuji S5 Pro (which uses the d200 body) and it is a *very* tight fit!

                                        Is this simply how the connection is, or is it more likely to be due
                                        to the cheap third-party manufacturing of the remote trigger's plug?
                                        It works fine, but it is an absolute devil to unplug!

                                      • oldfbii
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Apr 11, 2007
                                          > Hi Fritz - that does look good.
                                          >
                                          > I had one general question about the fitting of the remote plug and
                                          > socket in the camera. I just bought a cheap wired remote for my new
                                          > Fuji S5 Pro (which uses the d200 body) and it is a *very* tight fit!
                                          >
                                          > Is this simply how the connection is, or is it more likely to be due
                                          > to the cheap third-party manufacturing of the remote trigger's plug?
                                          > It works fine, but it is an absolute devil to unplug!

                                          Actually the plug on this thing is well, snug I guess is the best
                                          work. Let me put it this way, it won't fall out. I suspect you're on
                                          the right track when you say that third party manufacturing is
                                          suspect. However, now that I have used it in tests on the ground I
                                          won't worry about it coming out when plug in on a 20 foot pole. :-)

                                          Take care,

                                          fritz
                                        • hoylekoontz
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Apr 11, 2007
                                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "oldfbii" <xtoper@...> wrote:

                                            > When I first saw this post it started me thinking about trying to use
                                            > a pole myself. Which brought up the question of how to hit the shutter
                                            > release. So I found this a ebay, ordered it and it arrived in two days
                                            > - Hong Kong to the West Coast of the US. Works great - (I suspect most
                                            > of you already know about this) But for $39 it is a steal.
                                            >
                                            > Fritz

                                            http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Shutter-Release-Combo-for-Nikon-D200-D100-D2H_W0QQitemZ170100610752QQihZ007QQcategoryZ64345QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

                                            Hi Fritz,

                                            Thanks for the post. I was aware of that remote release and it was on
                                            my purchase list, but wasn't aware that it actually worked well. My
                                            thought was like yours. . . $39 won't be too bad even if it only works
                                            for a short amount of time.

                                            I haven't purchased my pole yet though. I'm going to a local painting
                                            contractor's office to see if I can rig something up from one of their
                                            heavy-duty poles soon though.

                                            Thanks - Hoyle
                                          • oldfbii
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 12, 2007
                                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hoylekoontz" <hkoontz@...> wrote:

                                              > I haven't purchased my pole yet though. I'm going to a local painting
                                              > contractor's office to see if I can rig something up from one of their
                                              > heavy-duty poles soon though.
                                              >
                                              > Thanks - Hoyle

                                              I hadn't thought about painter's equipment but the poles I've seen
                                              them use are very sturdy! Another avenue to explore.

                                              fritz
                                            • Roger Berry
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 12, 2007
                                                I've looked at these boat hooks from West Marine and they are strong!
                                                They are 3 piece telescoping, one goes from 4.5 - 12 feet and the
                                                other from 6 - 14 feet.
                                                Removing the end and putting a threaded plug in there should be
                                                easy.
                                                http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/0622.asp

                                                Roger Berry

                                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "oldfbii" <xtoper@...> wrote:

                                                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hoylekoontz" <hkoontz@> wrote:
                                                >

                                                > > I haven't purchased my pole yet though. I'm going to a local
                                                painting
                                                > > contractor's office to see if I can rig something up from one of
                                                their
                                                > > heavy-duty poles soon though.
                                                > >
                                                > > Thanks - Hoyle
                                                > >
                                                > I hadn't thought about painter's equipment but the poles I've
                                                seen
                                                > them use are very sturdy! Another avenue to explore.
                                                >

                                                > fritz

                                              • Bjørn K Nilssen
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 12, 2007
                                                  On 12 Apr 2007 at 23:39, oldfbii wrote:

                                                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hoylekoontz" <hkoontz@...> wrote:
                                                  >

                                                  > > I haven't purchased my pole yet though. I'm going to a local painting
                                                  > > contractor's office to see if I can rig something up from one of their
                                                  > > heavy-duty poles soon though.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Thanks - Hoyle
                                                  > >
                                                  > I hadn't thought about painter's equipment but the poles I've seen
                                                  > them use are very sturdy! Another avenue to explore.

                                                  And look for window cleaner poles too. They are usually longer than painter poles.
                                                  Mine is quite rigid, in aluminium. I also have a glassfiber pole from R&G that is much
                                                  more springy, but easier to erect and transport, because the pole segments are much
                                                  shorter.
                                                  --
                                                  Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
                                                • David Sykes
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Apr 14, 2007
                                                    Fritz wrote:

                                                    >I found this a ebay, ordered it and it arrived in two days

                                                    As far as the customs-form declaration was concerned, were they
                                                    'helpful' or not ?

                                                    David