Re: HDR Panoramas - ptgui workflow question

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3 2:20 PM
      On Tuesday, April 03, 2007 at 14:54, Sharpeshotsphoto@... wrote:

      > One EXTREMELY useful tip I found online after much frustration with 'JAGGIES'
      > was extremely simple to do. If you're reducing size and you want to avoid
      > these, simply reduce the original to 90% and then do the same with each
      > successive one until you get to the size you're after. I made up a very small
      > action for this. I manually reduce the Image Size to 72 ppi (*if I'm sizing
      > for WEB) from 300 ppi and then enlarge my onscreen image back to fullscreen @
      > 100%. I just hit the arrow on my action repeatedly until the Image reduces to
      > the size I need. NO Jaggies and works like a charm. Wish I had known about
      > this a lot sooner. To clarify, just drop the image size by 10% successively
      > and goodbye shark's teeth.

      Yes, this is known as "step interpolation" for some time. However,
      this applies to photoshop, not to PTGui. PTGui is able to use high
      quality anti-aliasing interpolators which should produce no jaggies
      regardles of the amount of downsizing. If it produces them anyway,
      this must be considered a bug.

      best regards
      --
      Copyright (c) 2007 Erik Krause
      Verbatim copying and distribution strictly forbidden