Re: Flash-Controlled Object Turntable

  • David Sykes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      Andrew Crawford wrote:

      > I'm not sure I would be shooting object movies with a flash but,
      it's > an interesting idea.

      Curious idea, but I think I can see why.

      With my system, the microcontroller controls the table and the camera.

      However, if you are using a camera that does not have remote shutter
      or you do not want to 'hack' it for remote operation, this is a
      workable solution.

      I would put a visible-light-blocking (IR-pass) filter over the flash
      and use tungsten for the main lighting.

      You also need an option to do a 360 degree rotation without operating
      the camera so that you can check centring of the subject.

      David Sykes