Re: Lost Link to simple pano bracket

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
      Thanks for that information about climbing gear, nonethelesss I will
      still try to be very careful with both my climbing and photography
      equipment in the future :-)
      I know the DAV magazine but only read it from time to time. I always
      appreciated their technical discussions and tests about security issues.

      So when constructing self made panorama brackets using aluminum from
      "unknown" sources one should still take into account other possible ways
      to minimize weight AND keep it both simple and safe. See my first self
      made bracket on
      http://einem.net/tech/voigtlaender/
      where I used L shaped aluminum profiles. Aluminum is not a bad material.
      And I know that bracket is not as elegant as other brackets I've seen,
      it was just a prototype which worked very well for me for a long time.

      Oh, and yes: I also try to use 3/8" instead of 1/4" wherever possible.

      Carl

      Posted by: "Erik Krause"

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
        On Monday, April 02, 2007 at 16:33, Carl von Einem wrote:

        > So when constructing self made panorama brackets using aluminum from
        > "unknown" sources one should still take into account other possible ways
        > to minimize weight AND keep it both simple and safe. See my first self
        > made bracket on
        > http://einem.net/tech/voigtlaender/
        > where I used L shaped aluminum profiles. Aluminum is not a bad material.

        Yes, I know. However, material that can be bent in a home workshop
        probably is not stiff enough for a pano bracket. That's why I was so
        glad to discover the Item profiles with really good corner joints for
        my bracket...

        best regards

        --
        Copyright (c) 2007 Erik Krause
        Verbatim copying and distribution strictly forbidden