Re: HDR Panoramas - ptgui workflow question

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
      On Monday, April 02, 2007 at 12:42, Hans Nyberg wrote:

      > You have to load the images first and then apply the template.
      > It wont work if you apply the template without images.
      >
      > Use advanced mode and check that the template has applied all the
      > settings from your original project.

      ...and check Pano Editor (Ctrl+E on windows) to see whether the
      images are aligned properly prior to stitching.

      best regards
      --
      Copyright (c) 2007 Erik Krause
      Verbatim copying and distribution strictly forbidden
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
        One EXTREMELY useful tip I found online after much frustration with 'JAGGIES' was extremely simple to do.
        If you're reducing size and you want to avoid these, simply reduce the original to 90% and then do the same with each successive one until you get to the size you're after.
        I made up a very small action for this.
        I manually reduce the Image Size to 72 ppi (*if I'm sizing for WEB) from 300 ppi and then enlarge my onscreen image back to fullscreen @ 100%.
        I just hit the arrow on my action repeatedly until the Image reduces to the size I need.
        NO Jaggies and works like a charm.
        Wish I had known about this a lot sooner.
        To clarify, just drop the image size by 10% successively and goodbye shark's teeth.

        Cheers,

        John Sharpe/Sharpeshots
        www.Sharpeshots.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
          On Tuesday, April 03, 2007 at 14:54, Sharpeshotsphoto@... wrote:

          > One EXTREMELY useful tip I found online after much frustration with 'JAGGIES'
          > was extremely simple to do. If you're reducing size and you want to avoid
          > these, simply reduce the original to 90% and then do the same with each
          > successive one until you get to the size you're after. I made up a very small
          > action for this. I manually reduce the Image Size to 72 ppi (*if I'm sizing
          > for WEB) from 300 ppi and then enlarge my onscreen image back to fullscreen @
          > 100%. I just hit the arrow on my action repeatedly until the Image reduces to
          > the size I need. NO Jaggies and works like a charm. Wish I had known about
          > this a lot sooner. To clarify, just drop the image size by 10% successively
          > and goodbye shark's teeth.

          Yes, this is known as "step interpolation" for some time. However,
          this applies to photoshop, not to PTGui. PTGui is able to use high
          quality anti-aliasing interpolators which should produce no jaggies
          regardles of the amount of downsizing. If it produces them anyway,
          this must be considered a bug.

          best regards