Re: HDR Panoramas - ptgui workflow question

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 5:42 AM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "zeitreisender_2033" <subscriber02@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I have one problem following the workflow that was drafted in
      > that thread. Once I have created a template in Ptgui from the first
      > set of pictures I create a new project and apply that saved template.
      > I then load the next series of pictures and then I navigate directly
      > into the create panorama tab. Here's my problem, once I press send to
      > batch stitcher I can see it loads and blends all images of that series
      > but the output is only the panopicture with showing only the first
      > picture (0) of that series. All others pictures (2-6) are shown as
      > black. I made sure that all images were selected in the creation tab
      > and I see the batcher takes all pictures. I don't know where this
      > comes from. Any ideas?

      You have to load the images first and then apply the template.
      It wont work if you apply the template without images.

      Use advanced mode and check that the template has applied all the settings from your
      original project.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 6:44 AM
        On Monday, April 02, 2007 at 12:42, Hans Nyberg wrote:

        > You have to load the images first and then apply the template.
        > It wont work if you apply the template without images.
        >
        > Use advanced mode and check that the template has applied all the
        > settings from your original project.

        ...and check Pano Editor (Ctrl+E on windows) to see whether the
        images are aligned properly prior to stitching.

        best regards
        --
        Copyright (c) 2007 Erik Krause
        Verbatim copying and distribution strictly forbidden
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3 1:54 PM
          One EXTREMELY useful tip I found online after much frustration with 'JAGGIES' was extremely simple to do.
          If you're reducing size and you want to avoid these, simply reduce the original to 90% and then do the same with each successive one until you get to the size you're after.
          I made up a very small action for this.
          I manually reduce the Image Size to 72 ppi (*if I'm sizing for WEB) from 300 ppi and then enlarge my onscreen image back to fullscreen @ 100%.
          I just hit the arrow on my action repeatedly until the Image reduces to the size I need.
          NO Jaggies and works like a charm.
          Wish I had known about this a lot sooner.
          To clarify, just drop the image size by 10% successively and goodbye shark's teeth.

          Cheers,

          John Sharpe/Sharpeshots
          www.Sharpeshots.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3 2:20 PM
            On Tuesday, April 03, 2007 at 14:54, Sharpeshotsphoto@... wrote:

            > One EXTREMELY useful tip I found online after much frustration with 'JAGGIES'
            > was extremely simple to do. If you're reducing size and you want to avoid
            > these, simply reduce the original to 90% and then do the same with each
            > successive one until you get to the size you're after. I made up a very small
            > action for this. I manually reduce the Image Size to 72 ppi (*if I'm sizing
            > for WEB) from 300 ppi and then enlarge my onscreen image back to fullscreen @
            > 100%. I just hit the arrow on my action repeatedly until the Image reduces to
            > the size I need. NO Jaggies and works like a charm. Wish I had known about
            > this a lot sooner. To clarify, just drop the image size by 10% successively
            > and goodbye shark's teeth.

            Yes, this is known as "step interpolation" for some time. However,
            this applies to photoshop, not to PTGui. PTGui is able to use high
            quality anti-aliasing interpolators which should produce no jaggies
            regardles of the amount of downsizing. If it produces them anyway,
            this must be considered a bug.

            best regards