Order in which cubefaces are rendered ...

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      Apologies in advance if this info exists somewhere but I haven't been
      able to find it.

      I assume that the order in which final renderings of the cube faces in
      a QTVR pano are rendered is the same order in which Pano2QTVR numbers
      them, is this correct? I ask because I'd like to align the equirect
      image in such a way that the initial view faces the first cube to be
      rendered ... well, it won't face it without overlap to other cubes,
      but at least THAT part of the image will appear out of the preview
      track background as quickly as possible.

      Of course, I don't know for sure that it makes any difference at all.
      For example, QT might be smart enough to render the cubefaces in the
      order in which they are viewed rather than assembled.

      In any case, I figure one of you guys knows the answer to this one. :)

      Thanks in advance,
      Victor
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        Victor-56 wrote:

        > I assume that the order in which final renderings of the cube faces in
        > a QTVR pano are rendered is the same order in which Pano2QTVR numbers
        > them, is this correct? I ask because I'd like to align the equirect
        > image in such a way that the initial view faces the first cube to be
        > rendered ... well, it won't face it without overlap to other cubes,
        > but at least THAT part of the image will appear out of the preview
        > track background as quickly as possible.

        In Pano2QTVR check the "QTVR flattener" option and the Program will do that
        for you. It will even reorder the subtiles if you have any...

        best regards
        Erik
      • Victor
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
          Erik,

          > In Pano2QTVR check the "QTVR flattener" option and the Program will
          > do that for you. It will even reorder the subtiles if you have any...

          Excellent! Easy and elegant solution. Hat's off to Thomas for
          including such a useful feature. :-)

          Victor