Re: [PanoToolsNG] CS3 and image stacking

  • Carel
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2007
      Luca Vascon wrote:

      > Uh....
      > Let's integrate something similar in the GIMP. and let Adobe on its own!!!
      > I just want to shift opensource, and left all behind.

      I have tried the free astronomy program "DeepSkyStacker" but there were
      still some ghosts left. "Iris" is a very complete and complex astronomy
      image manipulation program that also has median stacking, which I have not
      tried yet.

      Then I found SAR Image Processor: http://www.general-cathexis.com/
      It has some very interesting features, including extended focus stacking and
      it also has "Multivariate Median Stacking", which works very well and seems
      to do the same as CS3 Extended for removing objects. It is not freeware
      ($35), but that still makes it a lot cheaper than CS3 Extended and SAR has a
      number of very usefull other abilities as well, f.i. texture and Tschumperle
      Inpainting.

      Carel Struycken