Re: [PanoToolsNG] CS3 software pricing disparity

  • Paul F
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 1 10:21 AM
      On 1 Apr 2007, at 14:36, Matthew Rogers wrote:

      > Hi Ian,
      >
      > True, but not all emails sent to this list make it through for some
      > reason. Quite often it's difficult to follow certain threads due to
      > missing emails or private replies. I know I'm missing emails because
      > I can often read the emails I've missed as quotes in other replies. I
      > think it's time the moderators seriously considered moving this list
      > to a more stable platform.

      Tis true,

      yahoo is not very reliable, with missing posts, bouncing accounts,
      multiple deliveries etc.

      Steve Climpson is one of the people who has put time into this and
      other campaigns with great results in the past.
      Can I just add that anyone considering sending the adobe email also
      cc it to bjp.editor@..., at least then someone will have
      some indication of the
      number of participants.

      Cheers

    • Steve Climpson
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 1 10:47 AM
        On 1/4/07 18:20, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:

        > I am referring to the website he is linking to.
        > http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/fair-pricing-for-european-software.html

        I'm sorry but there is some confusion here. The petition I mentioned was not
        started by Pro Imaging and nothing to do with me and I should have pointed
        that out. I admit that the figures on the petition site are a little suspect
        but in the letter I posted the figures are accurate as of todays Adobe
        website.
        I'll write to the person who started the petition and suggest that he checks
        his figures.

        Meanwhile the main thrust of the argument that Adobe has huge price
        disparities between the USA and non USA and that this is unfair is correct.

        Kind Regards

        Steve

        Steve Climpson

        Pro Imaging