Re: Copy code track from QT movie into QTVR movie

  • William Donelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 10:15 AM
      The code for controlling the visiblity of hotspot hilites from MM Director is at

      http://www.armchair-travel.com/setView.mov

      Usage instructions below.

      Using OSX and QT Player 7.x

      1) Open the setView.mov in QT Player. (you must have QT Pro license)
      2) Show Movie Properties.
      3) Select the track "setViewTrack"
      4) Open the target QTVR movie which should have the code
      5) Show Movie Properties for it
      6) Select the top track (should already be selected after opening the movie)
      7) Click the "Presentation" tab
      8) Select the top track in the properties window
      9) Select "Movie Controller" from the Movie Controller Type popup menu
      10) Add the track via: Edit > Add to Movie
      11) The QTVR movie window will go black except for a white square in the upper left
      forcner
      12) Use the popup to restore "QTVR Movie Controller" type
      13) Now "File > Save As..." a self-contained movie with a new name.
      14) Close the open windows in the QT Player (Saving should NOT be necessary)

      See usage instructions below.

      Using OS9 and QT Player 6
      -- INSTALLATION of code track into your movie --

      1) Open the setView.mov in QuickTime Player (you must have QT Pro license)
      2) Select ALL
      3) Copy
      4) Open the QTVR Object movie in QT Player
      5) Get Movie Properties (cmd-J)
      6) In the right-hand popup menu of the properties, select "Controller"
      7) Now pick the "Movie Controller"
      8) Click on your QTVR movie window
      9) Select ALL
      10) Now, PASTE SCALED (this will paste the setView code into your whole movie)
      11) Now go back to the Properties window and set "QTVR Movie Controller"
      12) Now you MUST do a Save As... (self-contained) with a new movie name.
      13) Just close the windows (note: QT Player may crash at this point, which is okay for your
      QTVR movie if you've already Saved As...)

      -- USAGE of your new movie from MM Director --

      Use your QTVR movie in MM Director as normal. In Lingo, you can set the volume of the
      sprite of the QTVR movie like this -

      sprite(1).volume = someValue

      For "someValue", you can use 0 to show hotSpots overlay image (makes them visible). Use
      255 to hide the hotSpots overlay image. Use a number from 1 to 31 to set the View State
      to that number. Setting the View State will hide the hotSpots overlay image if they are
      visble already; you can just set sprite(1).volume = 0 again to turn them back on if you
      want.

      There will be a slight delay before any of these actions take place, since the IDLE time in
      the QT movie code track is set to 3 per second.