Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Lost Link to simple pano bracket

  • Blake Michaelson
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2007
      This works quite well for me -
      http://geekography.com/polepano/polepano-82mm.htm - although it is nearly
      identical to those mentioned earlier - btw they've been powdercoated with a
      black medium texture now. I recently found that although, although designed
      for spherical panos with the Canon 350D and the Peleng 8mm, it works really
      well for single-row panos (i.e. non-spherical) with the Canon 50mm f1.8 lens
      that everybody loves, I haven't done much testing, but I was pleased with
      my initial results.

      On 3/31/07, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

      > On 31 Mar 2007, at 17:36, Roger Berry wrote:
      >
      > > With a setup like this going on a pole, I would be more worried about
      > > the small ΒΌ inch threads on the knob that hold the camera and bracket
      > > in place. A lot of them used in photography equipment are made out of
      > > aluminum. The ones that I use are stainless steel.
      > >
      > > Roger Berry
      >
      > Yes, I've never really trusted 1/4" alu screws. Stainless or brass
      > 1/4", or for heavy stuff 3/8" brass for everything but table-tripods,
      > for me.
      >
      > Ian

    • Peter Reimer
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
        Roger Berry schrieb:
        > Is this what you're looking for?
        [...]
        > http://www.camelphotos.com/pic3/pano_head.jpg

        Thank you Roger, that was the one i remembered.

        Greetings,
        Peter
      • Carl von Einem
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
          Thanks for that information about climbing gear, nonethelesss I will
          still try to be very careful with both my climbing and photography
          equipment in the future :-)
          I know the DAV magazine but only read it from time to time. I always
          appreciated their technical discussions and tests about security issues.

          So when constructing self made panorama brackets using aluminum from
          "unknown" sources one should still take into account other possible ways
          to minimize weight AND keep it both simple and safe. See my first self
          made bracket on
          http://einem.net/tech/voigtlaender/
          where I used L shaped aluminum profiles. Aluminum is not a bad material.
          And I know that bracket is not as elegant as other brackets I've seen,
          it was just a prototype which worked very well for me for a long time.

          Oh, and yes: I also try to use 3/8" instead of 1/4" wherever possible.

          Carl

          Posted by: "Erik Krause"

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2007
            On Monday, April 02, 2007 at 16:33, Carl von Einem wrote:

            > So when constructing self made panorama brackets using aluminum from
            > "unknown" sources one should still take into account other possible ways
            > to minimize weight AND keep it both simple and safe. See my first self
            > made bracket on
            > http://einem.net/tech/voigtlaender/
            > where I used L shaped aluminum profiles. Aluminum is not a bad material.

            Yes, I know. However, material that can be bent in a home workshop
            probably is not stiff enough for a pano bracket. That's why I was so
            glad to discover the Item profiles with really good corner joints for
            my bracket...

            best regards

            --
            Copyright (c) 2007 Erik Krause
            Verbatim copying and distribution strictly forbidden